Can't Display on Projector

V2.5 If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Can't Display on Projector

Postby Coracleman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi. Projector just installed. I brought up the laptop (Vista) with Zionworx 2.5. When we plugged it in it happily displayed the laptop screen on the projector. IOW we saw the operator's display onthe main screen. It's my first time with ZionWorx so I'm sure it's an obvious thing that I've missed, but what is it please?

I loaded a few songs into the presentation panel just above the preview screen, clicked on one which opened in the right hand panel and found two problems:

1. as described above the display on the projector was the same as the laptop
2. the preview panel in the operator's view did not change whatever verse or song I clicked on in the selection panel.

The installation guy has since sent me details of other display software that might work more easily, but I'm hoping it's something dead simple.

I did check help and the PDF file and did look for earlier posts on the topic (sorry if I missed any).
Coracleman
Junior

Re: Can't Display on Projector

Postby davepartridge » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi,

Is the picture on the projector the same as that on the laptop (with icons etc.)? If it is then you need to right click on your desktop, click Personalise and then somewhere under the Display Properties there should be an option to extend the screen onto the second display. You'll then end up with the projector just showing the same background as the main computer (but with no icons etc.).

Within ZionWorx you then need to toggle the second display, which I think is F2 (I don't have Vista or ZionWorx on this machine so can't double-check).

Hope that helps!
davepartridge
Senior

Postby Coracleman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks for the tip I shall go out and try it. I did try extended desktop, but I don't know that I then pressed F2.
Coracleman
Junior

Postby davepartridge » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:49 pm

No problem. Whichever software you use you would need to use extended desktop as that's the only way you can have the operator screen on a separate screen to the congeregation screen.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby Coracleman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Subject line should now read "Can display on projector" - though then I suppose it would never have been posted.

Thanks again - we plan to try it in worship for the first time tomorrow now that we can see it.

Blessings
Coracleman
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:44 pm

ZionWorx 2.5 or the latest 2.6.52. I would recommend using the latest version.

Also when ZionWorx starts the presentation window (as opposed to the operator view) is black screen so you may have to press F12 to bring up the text and background. This may have been confusing.

If you are having to press F2 to switch the displays each time then just have a look at your computer settings to see if you change the default monitor (though this may be affected by plugging the projector on.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Support