Problem Running dual monitors on laptop

Report issues for Zionworx V2.5

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problem Running dual monitors on laptop

Postby Terry Catling » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi Guys,
Hope you can help me quickly. I have a loan projector and laptop on which I have downloaded Z 2.5. When I project I get only a mirror of the laptop monitor and cannot get anything else. When I go into the Display Properties area I see two monitors but the second keeps telling me that it is Not Active althnough the projector is on. I am wondering if the laptop actually does support the two monitors even though all the outlets seem to be there. The laptop is a Acer Travelmate 2300 if that is any help. My problem is that I need the projector working for Sunday (2days) although I could convert to simply Power Point if necessary.
Terry
Terry Catling
Junior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:33 pm

When you go to display properties more than likely monitor 2 is dark. Right click on monitor 2 and the box that comes up says attached click on it and then apply and ok. One thing about a lot of laptops you have to power up the laptop and the projector BEFORE you connect the cable to the projector. After you connect then go to display properties and hit attached and so forth. This should get the right things on the screen. If not let us know and good luck.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Hardware issues