Blank taskbar and blank screen

Report issues for Zionworx V2.5

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Blank taskbar and blank screen

Postby Nick Armstrong » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:15 pm

I've new to Zionworx, on new laptop and ZW2.5 starts fine, but Win (XP Pro) taskbar appears just as blank portion of screen. If I switch out and back into ZW (using alt-tab) then whole screen goes blank. Any ideas?! Thanks.
Nick Armstrong
Junior

Postby paulstokes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:44 pm

Sounds to me as if you are using it on a laptop that is only displaying on a single monitor.

Alt+Tab is simply switching between the Zionworx control panel and the Zionworx display panel... and they are both showing on the laptop's screen because Windows has not been told that there's another monitor (ie the projector) attached.

Solution:

Make sure you have the projector plugged in & turned on, make sure you change the Windows "Display Properties" > "Settings" to extend the desktop onto the second monitor, then run Zionworx again.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Postby Adz_vl » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:42 am

ALT-TAB does not work
Adz_vl
Junior

Postby paulstokes » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:39 pm

Adz-vl,
The ALT+TAB key combination is an MS Windows function, and not something specific to Zionworx. Forgive me if it's something you already know, but ALT+TAB means holding down the ALT button and then using the TAB button to move between the several icons that are displayed by Windows.
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Hardware issues