problem with Powerpoint and dual monitor

Report issues for Zionworx V2.5

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

problem with Powerpoint and dual monitor

Postby Rmarshp » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:29 pm

We project the church notices via powerpoint prior to the start of each service. The first few times we used Zionworks we had no problems but obviously something has got itself set which causes Powerpoint to show "windows within windows", both on the projector and in the presentation view area. Each time we have managed to finally get round the problem with minutes to spare before the start of the service. The songs are not affected.

I've tried fiddling on with the Display settings but to no affect and now I can't get round it at all apart from running powerpoint independently.
What have I missed?
Rmarshp
Junior

Postby intuitas » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:13 am

Are you opening Powerpoint before Zionworx?
While we haven't tried V2.5 yet certasinly V 2 seemed to be more reliable with multiple presentations if Zionworx is opened first and Powerpoint then opened from within Zionworx.

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Postby brainier » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:21 pm

What version of PowerPoint are you using? To open PowerPoint, Zioworxs uses a feature from PowerPoint 97 (I think) that works up to PowerPoint 2003 (its not in 2007) that opens the presentation in a window and then moves the window full screen to the second monitor.

If you configure PowerPoint's slideshow options you can set the presentation screen that it will use - Zionworx's then uses that screen to open the window it. So if its set to the projector (second monitor) you will see a window before going full screen.

Is that what you are describing? To avoid the visibility of the window set PowerPoint's presentation screen to the 1st monitor (the operators screen) and let Zionworx's move the window to the projector - no window is then visible on the projector. Note it does mean that you need to use Zionworx's to open PPT files otherwise they will display on the operators monitor all the time.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.5 Hardware issues