ZionWorx Training

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

ZionWorx Training

Postby Peter Kerrison » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed Zionworx version 2.5 and have started to integrate it into our church.

If anyone is interested I have developed a training course to do this. I am a Technical Trainer by profession and have tried to bring that level of professionalism to the course presentations.
The course includes methods of integrating Liturgy and Bible readings in the form of PowerPoint Presentations with examples and templates to make this as easy as possible. Liturgy is based on Holy Communion Order One and all it's variations.

The course is divided into seven lessons. The first five are for operators and Worship leaders and the last two are for Worship Leaders only. Each lesson has a PowerPoint presentation associated with it. The lessons are divided as follows.

1. Setting up the hardware
You need to understand the hardware operation, how to connect the units together and how to perform basic operations.
2. Overview of the ZionWorx Screen
This will introduce the ZionWorx interface in a block format to understand the groups of controls.
3. Creating a simple Play List
The Play List is the heart of ZionWorx. This concept is introduced in a simple format and remaining lessons build on this.
4. Running a simple presentation
Having created a simple Play List this lesson shows how to run that as if in a basic service.
5. Creating a more advanced presentation
Same as before but with all elements in place. Songs, Liturgy and readings.
6. Advanced Operation
This lesson shows how to manage the song database, add backgrounds and create Liturgy and readings as PowerPoint Presentations.
7. Dealing with problems
Now you can do it right what happens if it all goes wrong. This lesson looks at the common problems that may occur and how to deal with them.

Each lesson has a presentation element, a demonstration element and an associated worksheet to use as a guide through the practical elements of the lesson.

Each student has a handout folder containing the following:

A CD
This contains the entire course and then some. A CD Contents page is included in the handouts.

Hard copy handouts:

Section 1
This contains all the visuals, three to a page, with room for notes if you so desire.
Section 2
This contains the Worksheets associated with each lesson
Section 3
This contains some explanations of the ZionWorx interface as printed from the help file.

If anyone is interested in this I can supply it free of charge on CD. I will also be available by e-mail or phone if necessary to offer support for the course.
Peter Kerrison
Junior

Training Course

Postby kck » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Sounds fantastic!

Would you be prepared to make it available as a download from this website (assuming the website folks are up for that) ?

How much data does it involve?

Cheers,
Steve
kck
Senior

Re: ZionWorx Training

Postby AliBy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:37 am

Peter Kerrison wrote:Hi,
... If anyone is interested in this I can supply it free of charge on CD. I will also be available by e-mail or phone if necessary to offer support for the course.

Peter this would be a valuable contribution. If it is possible to make the ISO available for download it would be significantly appreciated.

Thanx
Alistair
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby webmaster » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:46 am

Not a problem putting it on th site,

Just email it with the relevent details to webmaster@zionworx.org.uk

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:43 pm

Yes please Peter! :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Training

Postby Peter Kerrison » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:23 pm

Thanks for the people who have replied and are interested in the program. Just to keep you in the picture I am in touch with the support people at ZionWorx in order to get the files posted on the site. I am trying to get this going as soon as possible.
Peter Kerrison
St Barnabas Church
Darby Green
http://www.st-barnabas.supanet.com
Peter Kerrison
Junior

Postby vetto » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:34 am

update?
vetto
Senior

Postby webmaster » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:48 pm

I am working on contructing a section for this.

Regards
Edd
Webdesign and hosting http://www.hairydogdesigns.com We can design FLash, Standard HTML and CMS sites using PHP and MySQL systems. For a Quote feel free to email Sales@hairydogdesigns.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby vetto » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:02 am

Thanks...can't wait :D
vetto
Senior

Postby Peter Sampson » Tue May 09, 2006 8:11 pm

Any chance of an ETA? I have some folk in my church needing training and this would be so useful.

Thanks,

Peter
Peter Sampson
Junior

Postby webmaster » Wed May 10, 2006 8:44 am

Sorry for the delays I have been working hard on my web hosting and design that this had been put back a little.

Giving the time needed I have alocated some of Thursday and Sat this week 11th May and 13th May to finalise this.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
Webdesign and hosting http://www.hairydogdesigns.com We can design FLash, Standard HTML and CMS sites using PHP and MySQL systems. For a Quote feel free to email Sales@hairydogdesigns.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Peter Sampson » Wed May 10, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks... it is appreciated!

Regards,

Peter
Peter Sampson
Junior

Postby jnimmo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:39 am

Hi there,
Is there any progress on getting this online? We have recently implemented ZionWorx and we only have two operators trained, and would love to make use of this training material.
If web hosting is an issue I have several websites that I would be more than happy to host it on,

Cheers,
James
jnimmo
Junior

Postby webmaster » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:16 pm

Hosting is not an issue.

I run a Hosting company and design company.

However I have been working on a new design and with that I have held off uploading to the site.

I will try and upload the information later this week.

Regards
Edd Stonham
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby jnimmo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks very much :)
jnimmo
Junior

Next

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5