Strange line breaks

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Strange line breaks

Postby nickm83 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:20 am

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the new version of zionworx doesn't seem to group lines of songs in the same way.

E.g. in the song: blessed be your name:

The words of first verse are;
Blessèd be Your name
In the land that is plentiful,
Where Your streams of abundance flow,
Blessèd be Your name.
And blessèd be Your name

In newer version it breaks it down as;
Blessèd be Your name
Where Your streams of abundance
-----
flow,
Blessèd be Your name.
And blessèd be Your name

Where the older version would put it at;
Blessèd be Your name
---------
Where Your streams of abundance
flow,
Blessèd be Your name.
---------
And blessèd be Your name

This then confuses people when they're singing the song, and it's a very quick change as well for the operator.

Is this a bug that can be fixed?

I think that the newer version has its +'s but this is a big minus which means that i haven't yet changed our main laptop over to the newer version.

Can someone help.

Nick
nickm83
Junior

Postby ramsay291 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:10 am

Not sure what the "line" signifies in your example. Does it mean that it puts in a verse break where you don't want it? Or is it a line break on the slide in view on the screen where you don't want it?

If it is the former, just reduce the font size and make it a style. If it is the latter then someone with more knowledge might be able to help
ramsay291
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:10 pm

I have only used v2, so to me it sounds like you just need to change the point size.
Also, you can use the 'nudge' button (single blue triangle) to change what is shown - easier to see than to explain though.

What resolution are you using for the projector?

Two or three lines per pane seems on the low side to me, I aim for a minimum of eight.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Problems with line breaks

Postby Catherine » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 am

I think the problems with line breaks only applies to some computers/versions of Zionworx - the problem only came to light when installing iZionworkx 2.0506 on a friend's computer so that they could practice building a song list while we were on holiday
On the church laptop computer and on my computer where I build the song list I can get 11 lines of song + copyright on the screen - we use the default settings ie 40 point font but have margins of 0 on all sides.
However on another similar computer it is obvious that the space between lines is bigger and the same settings give only 9 lines of text - these comuters are identical apart from having different graphics cards and both computers ran Zionworkx 2 without this problem.
Any ideas to fix - this could be a major problem if songs are displayed differently on different computers - we have spent hours getting the line breaks of songs just right for our church projection system
Catherine
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:54 pm

I think you'll find that the difference in lines is due to the differing resolutions for the respective pcs. The point size of 40 is relative to the desktop resolution.
I discovered this when I transferred data from my home pc to the church's one. At home I was running on 1284 x 1024, whereas the church was on 1024 x 768, I was getting 13/14 lines with 8/9 at church, however when changing the resolution at home, the results were the same.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:19 pm

You're absolutely correct about screen resolutions and line spacings etc...

However, there [b]IS[/] a bug currently in v2.5.06 which allows orphan lines to exist by themselves on a single screen, as Catherine explained. This bug has already been reported and is on the issues tracker, and will be fixed in the next maintenance release. Apologies for the incovenience this is causing but we do aim to fix it, so it again works like v2.0 does.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5