Songs of Fellowship data

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Songs of Fellowship data

Postby Peter Kerrison » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:31 pm

Being a new user to Zionworx I will need to enter a large number of songs from SOF 1,2 &3 into the database which will be timeconsuming. I have seen references to macros for version 2 to automate this and I wondered if anyone had already entered this data for version 2.5. There seems little point in re-inventing the wheel. Has anyone done this and, if so, are you willing to allow the database to be downloaded?
Peter Kerrison
Junior

Postby Pete » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:58 pm

This would cause problems with copyright since the SOF files are copyrighted. Giving people the imported songs would run the risk of them having a copy of something that they don't have the right to use.

I'm sure that someone is working on a version to import them into version 2.5.

In the meantime you could still download the version 2 from the downloads page about 3/4 of the way down use the import utility to import your copy of SOF this dosn't take long, i've done it, and then use the database upgrade utility to convert this to a 2.5 version.
Pete
Intermediate

Songs of Fellowship Data

Postby Peter Kerrison » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:20 pm

Thanks for your comments. I don't really understand the copyright issue - I have the words on CD from the Music version of SoF and these are displayed in Church along with our CCL License. So I am using them with people who don't have the CD's - I see no problem in that. Anyway, encouraged by your "it didn't take long" I did the version 2 to version 2.5 stuff using the Word Macro and Pyton program. It took about three hours all told as the transfer of data within Access wasn't clearly described and I'm not a big Access user. So now I have 1699 songs - and several back up copies of the database as I don't want to go through that again!. We should be going live in about a month.
Peter Kerrison
Junior

Postby Pete » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Oh sorry on that one. I didn't take me that long but then i do use Access every day at quite an advanced leval for work so that bit was easy.

Once again sorry.
Pete
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5