Problem with 2.5 preview screen

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problem with 2.5 preview screen

Postby PlatformKing » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:05 am

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I noticed that while I have been trying out the new ZW that the preview screen doesn't seem to be functioning properly.

When I load a song into the control section and click the "tick" to display on the main screen (which it does) it doesn't appear on the small presenter screen. I think (I don't have the programme running now to check) that when I format it (ie centre align the text) it then updates tho' I can't be sure. Hope this makes sense!

Dan
PlatformKing
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:08 am

Hi PK,

The preview functionality will not work if you totally hide the presentation screen using the 'advanced users only' option (Ctrl+F9). Is this perhaps what you did?

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby PlatformKing » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:50 am

I had another look at this problem last night and I still can't get my head around it. Here's a rough process of what I do (I think)

1) Start up Zionworx and load a song onto the control area (on the right)
2) Press F12
3) Click the green tick to display the words on the presentation screen

At this point the words appear on the presentation screen but not on the preview screen on the presenter controls. I am not sure if it's because I am not using a projector (ie a second monitor) so the computer is just getting confused. I am going to try and sort it next week when my new laptop arrives!
PlatformKing
Junior

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:06 am

OK PK - please keep us informed of your findings!

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby mikeyp » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:06 pm

I found a similar problem just, but if I press F2 to get up the main words screen and the atl-tab to get back to zionworx, it works fine. If I press F2 again to just have zionworx, the preview screen ceases to function.

Ill report back tomorrow afternoon after church to tell how i manage dual screen.

Edit:
Yeah, no problems at church today with dual screen - pretty good considering its my first go on the new version. It only seems to happen when the screen isnt being displayed (ie as i described above)
mikeyp
Intermediate

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:57 am

If it's of any benefit - I found the same thing , but didn't report it as a bug as I thought it was a deliberate design change. If you haven't a second monitor hooked up, you need to have the presentation screen running on your laptop or pc (F2) before the words will appear in the preview screen.

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 am

Ooops - meant to ask - what's the difference between using F2 and Ctrl+F9?

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby paulstokes » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:41 am

On my machine:-

(F2) switches the control panel to monitor 2 and display to monitor 1 ... and back again.

<CTRL>+(F9) hides the presentation window on monitor 2 (which therefore shows the desktop, or any other programs that were hidden by the presentation). And, of course, if I use (F2) first, then it's monitor 1 whose display is affected.

Hope that helps.
paulstokes
Senior

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:01 pm

Aaaaaahhh!!!!! I never tried Ctrl+F9 with the second monitor connected!
Thanks for that Paul!

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby PlatformKing » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Right ho' it turns out there is no problem!! I plugged my laptop into my PC monitor after a quick play around I figured that the problem only seems to occur when I am not connected a second monitor! Doh. Sorry to get everyone all hot under the collar! Laters.
Dan
PlatformKing
Junior

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5