Tip on Navigating to Choruses in Songs

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Tip on Navigating to Choruses in Songs

Postby Tekman » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:06 pm

I have not had the opportunity to test ZionWorx 2.5 on our system at church, but will be doing so on Saturday 17th September 2005 i.e. mounting it in readiness for me going 'live' with it for the Sunday Worship Service.

However, I have tested it out at home and I particularly like the new navigation of the songs.

Some mention has already been made in other posts to this forum about the 'secret' navigation function you can use to jump from verses to choruses. I am of course referring to the way in which you can type a letter and hit return and this then jumps you to say a chorus if you have inserted a 'header label' such as 'Chorus' at the top of the verse.

Having tried this out, I discovered that if a verse already begins with the letter 'C', then you can end up jumping to the wrong verse (chorus). Using other 'header' words or letters will of course very likely not work correctly in many songs for the same reason.

I then experimented with various character symbols on the keyboard and placed these at the head of a chorus (verse) and found the best one to use was the # character. There are not many hymns that are likely to have this character in them and it also shows up clearly in the navigation panel at the head of a verse (chorus). The other big advantage of using the hash character # is that it does not need the shift key to get it and it is right next to the enter key on the keyboard. You hit # enter and you are straight into your chorus.

I hope other users may find this tip useful. I do realise of course that users may choose to use one of the other excellent ways of navigating through a song; this is just one more useful way of doing things.

Kind regards
Tekman
Technical Consultant
Tiverton Christian Fellowship
Selly Oak - Birmingham - UK
Tekman
Junior

Postby tonycollinet » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:54 pm

Another alternative (And what I have done) is number the verses, use C) for choruses, and B) for bridges

eg:

1) Verse 1 text
verse 1 text

C) Chorus text
chorus text

2) Verse 2 text
verse 2 text

B) Bridge text.

You can now navigate to any verse using the number keys, to the chorus using the C key (no ambiguity because all verses start with a number) and to the bridge using the B key.
--
Tony
tonycollinet
Junior

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5