Duplicate Song Titles Measns Missing Songs

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Duplicate Song Titles Measns Missing Songs

Postby brainier » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:48 am

If I have duplicate song alternative titles (caused by importing data from the Songs Of Fellowship macro) then the application does not display the correct song. The entire list of songs is shown, but if I add all the instances of a duplicate song to the playlist each one is the same song. I can only correct this by going through the entire list of songs and renaming duplicate songs (I do this by adding the authors name in brackets to the end of the name)
brainier

Duplicate songs

Postby kck » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:59 pm

I've had the same problem although I like the fact that Zionworx doesn't import duplicates.

What I do is copy the database before importing, run the import routine, make a note of the duplicates.
Then I restore the originals, change them in one or both places and re-run the import.

I frequently lengthen the title until it is unique.
I also sometimes put "(trad)" at the end or the author (as you suggest) when an old hymn has been adapted and I want both versions.

It doesn't help that Kingsway seem to be putting songs in more than one book. I imported the New Songs 2005-6 files this week and there were half a dozen songs that I already had from previous versions or from SoF.

Sometimes the titles are subtley different so I end up with duplicates but don't spot them. e.g. "O" instead of "Oh" or an exclamation mark on the end or something.

I guess I'll just have to get better at it. It's still better than typing them all in.

Steve
kck
Senior

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5