Margin adjustments

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Margin adjustments

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:10 am

Hi! - I've just used V2.5 yesterday. Setting it up on Saturday I found a couple of "bugs" and have a query.
1. When adjusting the margins - upon exiting I get the error "Acccess violation at address 004D84A4 in module Zionworx.exe. Read of address 00000030". I think everything still runs ok but close Zionworx off and re-start to be sure. Related to this - even with the bottom margin set to 0, I still seem to have a large part of the screen unused (I estimate there's enough to fit another line )
2. No help file installed with the new version (installed separately from V2)
3. After saving a new Style - the style can't be used until Zionworx is re-started - not sure if this is a bug or planned?

We did find the yellow on blue a little hard on the eyes, the contrast seems higher than on V2 - most people seemed to prefer white font - for what it's worth!
The new navigation pane with the ability to double click to display a verse is great - especially when our minister wants to go into "random" mode!!!!!

Thanks again to the team for all the hard work - it really is appreciated

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi Ian,

In response to number 2, there is a helpfile installed with ZWv2.5 but when I tried to access it from in ZW it didn't load. However, if you want to get to it, simply go "Start -> Programs -> ZionWorx 2.5 -> ZionWorx Help".

Hope this helps with at least 1 issue!!!

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby paulstokes » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:21 pm

Ian,
I wasn't able to reproduce your error message by resizing the margins. I do wonder if it would help to note your system specs (esp. RAM & Operating System) in case those prove helpful in the diagnosis / reproducing the error.

I DID discover that it is possible to lose sight of the "Margins" button if you 'squish' the left hand section of the Control Panel too much. I thought it had gone altogether... I hadn't realised it had simply gone from sight!

We used ZW live for the first time last night - nervously but successfully! (Nervous because there was no dry run for the operator!)
paulstokes
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:21 pm

Hi Ian,

It sounds to me that you may have ended up with a pre-release version as the colours and errors sound like ones that have been there but since resolved. (The colours in general should be white on black for the selected verse - but this i think is dependant on the colour setup up of the pc). Can you confirm that you've downloaded the latest version from the website.

If you could check that you have a help file in the location that Chris suggested. There should also be a shortcut in the Start Menu -> Program Files -> ZionWorx Help.

Styles are reused from the Styles combo in the tool bar - next to the Bold/Italic buttons. Select a song and then the style in the combo. If they are not appearing in this list once you save them then we may need some more details about your pc.

Let us know how you get on please.

Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:56 pm

Just to clarify about colours - the selected (as in displayed) text in the current item window is fixed as white on black, but the cued text will have a background colour that is the system-dependent 'highlight' colour (normally navy blue by using Windows default colour schemes).

I really hoped the help file launching bug was fixed :( please let us know if it's definitely an issue on the formal 2.5.05 release...

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 pm

When a windows short cut is created it points to the .exe file but also has a 'Start in:' directory.

If the start in directory is set to something other then the base directory of ZionWorx (where the ZionWorx.exe is) then the call to start the help does not find the help file.
As long as the start in directory is correct then help should work successfully.

The installation from the website does set the start in directory for the shortcuts correctly.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 am

Good point Chris, but I'm specifically meaning launching the help file from the "Help->Contents" menu item - this shouldn't fail anymore (as intermittently seen in v2.0) but anybody please report if it does...

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby IanL » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:14 am

Wow!!! Where do I start! Firstly - apologies I should have stated the system details etc;
Compaq N600c with 1gb ram, running Windows Xp & Sp2 - standard windows colour scheme. Downloaded version is V2.5.05
Current Item pane is White font on black for currently displayed verse and white on blue for next verse. It was the actual display I was referring to (Yellow font on Blue) which some people found hard on their eyes - but this is obviously a matter of personal taste and can be changed accordingly.
Help file - using F1 from within the Application - no joy, but Help launches ok from the Start/Programs menu.
I've just deleted the installation and downloaded again (same version) and on re-install the Margin and Styles problems have disappeared - looks like just a flaky install the first time round. (1st time was over the top of a V2 installation, 2nd time was a clean install if this is worth checking)
Sorry for any false alarm panics!

Thanks for the replies and all the help
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby IanL » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:24 am

Update to my last post. I've deleted the V2 and V2.5 installations on my laptop (Compaq Evo N600c), downloaded and re-installed V2.5. On the laptop I'm still seeing the same problems. Installation works fine on another pc (Hp Workstation xw4100).
Errors are still the same as in my earlier posts except any Styles now work without having to close/restart Zionworx.
Not serious problems and obviously hardware related rather than bugs in Zionworx itself - but any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

F1 Help

Postby AliBy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:54 pm

I seem to recall having the same problem, but now going into the program I can activate the help by pressing either F1 or [Help] [Contents]. I can't think what has changed unless it was the previous version 2?

Running W2Ksp4

By the way the changes are great!

Alistair
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5