Powerpoint presentation shows Window box

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint presentation shows Window box

Postby paulstokes » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:43 pm

I am running ZW on Win98SE with PPT 2002 enabled.

When I run a PPT show through the ZW control panel, the display on the second monitor has a Window around it with the Title Bar showing as well. (No minimise or resize button, only the Close 'X').

If I run PPT separately, the presentation runs fullscreen without the Window showing.

Output screen is set to 800*600, but it also happens at 1024*768

Anyone any ideas what is causing this behaviour, or how to correct it?
paulstokes
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi Paul,

My suggestion is that you set the PP show to display on the Primary Monitor (e.g. the one that the ZW operator screen is on). ZW should then start the PP show in a window on the Primary monitor and then attach the PP show to the presenter form for display.

Therefore, unlikle in v2.0 it is unneccessary for the user to set the "Display on" option in PP itself. Rather, ZW does the job for you. This feature was particularly implemented for those running PP 2000, which does not allow the user to save the "Display on" option in the same way that subsequent versions do.

Hope this solves the problem for you. If not please post back!
Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:14 pm

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if this solved the problem so if anyone else experiences the same issue, we know the solution!!!

Thanks,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby paulstokes » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:07 pm

Chris,
I've just been over to try out the suggestions... no difference, I'm afraid. I altered the "Multiple Monitors" options, trying both Primary and then Secondary monitor, and the result was the same in both cases - the Windows box still shows up on the projector.

I don't get the problem at all when testing setups etc at home. My home setup is WinXPPro and PPT 2003, at church it is Win98SE and PPT 2002.
paulstokes
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:38 pm

My first guess would be that it is perhaps an issue with windows 98 and capturing the PPT show window (or perhaps the type of form that is being used to capture the show).

I have access to a windows 98 computer so I will see if I can reproduce the issue.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Paul_rachel_ryan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:02 pm

I'm seeing exactly the same on a laptop running Win98SE
Paul
Paul_rachel_ryan
Junior

Postby hotfrog » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi - the same here, running on a Win ME laptop, 800x600 with data projector at same screen size. We've tried lots of combinations of 1st / 2nd monitors etc, still get the same box around the PPT show.

The box starts as a 400x300 box, then becomes 800x600 and appears in the preview window also.

Still works - and the new song control is great.

Thanks!
hotfrog

Postby Christian » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:15 am

Mmmm...

I think we can conclude this is a Win98/Me specific issue as I can't reproduce it on Win2000/XP.

How much of a problem is this for people? It's proving very difficult to support all OS versions and versions of PowerPoint as Microsoft just seem to change so much stuff between versions :cry:
Christian
Site Admin

Postby paulstokes » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:59 pm

How much of a problem...?
...we'll probably go up to XP soon anyway (wiht a new PC too), and in the meantime use PPT without the 'integration' feature, so I can live without it quite happily. I'll be interested to see how well the integration feature works in real life, but my main reason for raising the issue was simply the fact that this appeared to be unintended behaviour and therefore warranted attention.
Thanks for looking into it. :D
Have a nice day. :lol:
Paul
paulstokes
Senior

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5