V2.5 on Production run

If you are using Zionworx v2.5 and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

V2.5 on Production run

Postby Williamting » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Team, congratulation for successfully releasing V2.5 after much hardwork! I can't wait to test it out tonight on the "real" system.

1. Fading timing on the church computer seems to take a long time (10 sec) whereas on my notebook, it takes 4 sec with a setting of 32 steps @ 1 sec. <From replies below, this issue seems to be related to image size or the "setting.ini" file from V2.0. Will check it out later. Update 31 Aug 05: Check out last night again and found that the fade works perfectly fine!! Could it be possible that it is better to reboot the computer after installation? No issue now.>

2. I find that the new colour setting for the current (black bg) and next verse (blue bg) is too strong. Perhaps the next verse to be displayed should just be displayed with a blue text instead of blue background. I am struggling to get used to it tonight. ok, this is really a matter of opinion, personal taste and "getting used to". <Not an issue here. Update 31 Aug: Begin to get used to it now. My operator was confused initially but after 20 minutes, she is ok.>

3. Hitting the number key to display the respective verse doesn't seems to work. Has this feature been removed? <Updates from replies below: Need to hit return after the number. But I found something interesting here... read on below. Update 31 Aug: Really great feature here but my operator prefer not to touch it for the time being! That is ok with me as I don't expect anyone to start using all the new features within 10 minutes even though I am very enhusiastic.>

4. At one instant, which I can't reproduce, is that the size and position of projected verse seems to be wrongly computed, ie, too big and wrongly positioned. To resolved this, I immediately click on the next song and then click back. <Update 31 Aug: Didn't encounter this last night. However, I noticed that under certain situation, clicking text justifcation (center) does not seem to work at all. Will do more run.>

Thanks again for the great work.

God bless,
William
Last edited by Williamting on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Williamting
Most Senior

Verse Numbers.

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi William,

You have to press enter after the verse number. That way it supports songs that have > 9 verses. Note that you will also see the number appear as you type above-right the current item section

Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Pete » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:45 pm

great work guys used live for first time today everything went well but did also notice the same problem with fades that william did although not quite as bad it took mine about 2 or 3 seconds. with the same settings.

I like the new look colours on the current song makes it really clear what is happening.

Really love the fact that powerpoint shows in the preview window and that the projectors remote works with power point with out haveing to mess about it just works as sson as the powerpoint is running. Before if i forgot to chose the presentation on the task bar it wouldn't work which was annoying.

any how guys keep up the good work and thanks for everything you've done so far.

God bless you all greatly.
Pete
Pete
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:15 pm

Hi guys,

Have enjoyed using ZW 2.5 for the 1st time today, although I did experience a few unexpected issues!!!

The slow fades was one - although this was particularly on large image files and the standardones that came with ZW were fine. I also had some issues when I changed the default style, it not updating other songs in the service list to match the default style, but I'll test this more and let you know details.

Apart from that, it's been really clear and easy to use!!! I particularly like the current song section which makes everything really clear and the the fact that the annoying delay between starting a PP show and it actually displaying has now been cut out.

Cheers and keep up the good work,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:26 am

Hi Chris,

You have included an interesting feature into the "short cut to verses". If the verses are not numbered in the song itself, hitting the respective number (assigned by the program) followed by return will jump to the verse. However, if the song has verse number (esp, hymn), then hitting the number will jump to the verse within 1 sec if enter is hit. How does the system react if there are a mix of verse number and "refrain" which has no verse number? I will leave this for any interested reader to find out. All I can say is that it is very cleverly done! Chris, you are a genius!

God bless,
William

p/s If any one is using the "short cut to verses" and you have song with a mix of numbered verses and "refrain", as in the example here, please make sure that you find out how it works before a live run to avoid confusion! If you don't have one, create an entry for the song below... have fun!

UMH156 I Love to Tell the Story

1. I love to tell the story
of unseen things above,
of Jesus and his glory,
of Jesus and his love.
I love to tell the story,
because I know 'tis true;
it satisfies my longings
as nothing else can do.

Refrain:
'twill be my theme in glory,
to tell the old, old story
of Jesus and his love.

2. I love to tell the story;
more wonderful it seems
than all the golden fancies
of all our golden dreams.
it did so much for me;
and that is just the reason
I tell it now to thee.

Refrain:
of Jesus and his love.

3. I love to tell the story;
'tis pleasant to repeat
what seems, each time I tell it,
more wonderfully sweet.
for some have never heard
the message of salvation
from God's own holy Word.

Refrain:
of Jesus and his love.

4. I love to tell the story,
for those who know it best
seem hungering and thirsting
to hear it like the rest.
And when, in scenes of glory,
I sing the new, new song,
'twill be the old, old story
that I have loved so long.

Refrain:
of Jesus and his love.
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:34 am

Thanks for the reports people!

Just a quick idea on fades - please check your version 2.0 Settings.ini file to see what settings you used to use. It could be that the 'default' v2.5 fade timings are just not suitable...

We should probably have carried over the previous v2.0 settings during the installation, but we were worried that this might cause unexpected problems with v2.5.

There should be no technical reason I can see why fade performance should be any different between v2.0 and v2.5 :?

Please report back if you have any findings...

Thanks a lot,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Few odds and ends

Postby Paul_rachel_ryan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:53 pm

Thanks for v2.5, great extra features which really help. Being able to click on the verse required and easily use keyboard shortcuts to get around the songs are great bonuses!

I've noticed a couple of things on testing (wasn't brave enough to go live straight-away!!)
1. Running on a laptop with 800x600 resolution, when I press the number to go to the verse, it doesn't appear by the current item (works fine on a different PC with a higher resolution screen). No big deal but wondered whether you knew why? If you hit enter it still goes to the right screen though.

2. On same low resolution laptop but using a 17" monitor as a second screen, displaying ppt presentation gives the border and title bar visible at the top of the screen of the show on the monitor. Going to powerpoint and hitting F5 to show the presentation doesn't give the title bar, neither does ZW v2.

Not sure if these are more to do with the old laptop I'm using with a low resolution than issues with the software.

Thanks for all the work
Paul
Paul_rachel_ryan
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:08 am

Hi William,

I was as surprised as you at the behaviour you describe in a song with a numbered verses and refrain. In fact I didn't believe it until Chris (chris_h62) also highlighted it in the FAQ - I had to go try it out for myself. As much as I would like to claim the credit for a great idea like that I guess Christian gets to wear the genius hat for this week. He must have snuck it in quickly at the last minute.

Blessings,

Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.5