Display on Projector only a clone of Laptop

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Display on Projector only a clone of Laptop

Postby Al Calame » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:01 pm

:( We have just had to purchase a new laptop for Church - it is an HP nc6120 using Windows XP Pro, 504 MB of Ram 1.6 GHz Intel Centrino (pentium) processor. It has the Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express video display chipset.

We have a NEC VT 670 projector to use to project onto the screen.

When I check the settings for the screen, I do see the 2 screens showing for displays, but when I try to check the "extend screen to this monitor" setting, it does not stay checked after I apply.

When I select the alternate display from the keyboard on the laptop, it will switch to the projector, then to both, then back to laptop only, but when I try to go to the mode in Zionworx that would show the words for the congregation on the projector and the control page on the laptop, I just get a clone of the control page on the projector.

It seems as though I should be able to have the projector waiting for a signal coming from the coputer but showing nothing, so that when I do and f12 the image appears.

This is the same problem I've been having all along, I think, even with our old laptop. I'm beginning to think there's something I'm just not getting!! Please assist!
YBIC,

Al Calame
Al Calame
Junior

Cloned Display

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:55 pm

This may not help you but I had the same problem and the only way we have been able to correct it is to first power down both the computer and projector disconnect the cables from the computer to the projector, power up the projector and the computer and then connect the computer to the projector. Then go into control panel and check extend windows desktop to the second screen. you will then have to drag the zionworx display screen onto the projector screen and make sure that both monitor and projector are on the same resolution. There is probably and easier way but this one works for us and we are a church that has to haul our projector around and this realay only takes a few minutes. I hope this helps
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 pm

Hi,

This should be pretty simple to get around.

What you need to do is make sure you start the projector and connect it to the laptop before you switch on the laptop. It is essential that you always follow the procedure of switching on and connecting the projector before you switch on the laptop. Then switch the laptop on, once loaded load the display properties screen (by right clicking on the desktop and selecting properties then go to the setting tab. Now right click on the second box you see on the screen (the one with a big "2" in it) and select "Attached". This should then set the extended desktop as well as telling the laptop to display onto it.

Hopefully from here on in it should be as simple as opening Zionworx and getting going.

Hope this helps you,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Display projector only a clone of Laptop

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:41 pm

:lol: :D Hurrah!! It works!! Thank you Chris! It had never :oops: quite sunk in that to do the settings, I'd have to follow the exact procedure you mentioned in your reply.

Is this something I will have to do starting up every time, or will it default to this if the projector is attached and on??

It looks great, and now we will really get a chance to use Zionworx to good effect in our services. Again, many thanks!! And thanks to James for his suggestion which may serve in the future!!

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:15 pm

No problem, hopefully from now on as long as you swith the projector on and connect before booting the laptop, you will not have to repeat this procedure as the laptop should automatically detect the projector and revert to the settings you set today (fingers crossed!!!).

It's great to hear everything's working now :D and I hope you enjoy using zionworx to full effect in your services!!!

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues