Second Display

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Second Display

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:37 am

Zionworx doesn't display on the second monitor. With Powerpoint enabled in Zionworx, I can display PowerPoint files on the second monitor, but I can't get a display on the second monitor with hymns out of the Zionworx database e.g. the hymns supplied with the software.

I'm using a Radeon 9250, Win XP, PowerPoint 2000. Extended Desktop enabled, and PowerPoint can display full screen on the data projector, with editing facities available on the primary monitor. The windows wallpaper is displayed on the data projector, with the normal windows desktop on the primary monitor. The connection to the data projector is very long, so I use a video buffer and as a result there is no DDI info back to the graphics card, but I can't see why that would matter.

Other observations: ATI supplied a package called Hydravision; please advise whether this is an important component to get Zionworx to function. What should I be looking for? In addition, although PowerPoint happily supports 2 monitors, the set up show configuration i.e. where the dual monitor config is set cannot be saved in a file. So I have to set the dual monitor config every time.
Derek

Postby webmaster » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:09 am

you need to use extended desktop.

This setting is found in display settings.

Once in extended display mode start up Zionworx and it will all work fine.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby chris_h62 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:00 pm

You'vr already said that you've got "Extended Desktop" working so I'm guessing it's to do with the positioning of the Second Monitor on the display settings screen. Zionworx only functions properly if you have the 2nd monitor box on the right of the Primary monitor in the display properties dialog box.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby webmaster » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:58 pm

PPT direct to second output even without extended desktop running.

YOu need to make sure extended desktop is running as well as position.

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Second Monitor

Postby derekrothwell » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:58 pm

Thanks guys. I know extended desktop is running, I also know that the second monitor is to the left of the primary. I'll check when I'm at the Church later this week, and swap the monitors round. I'll let you know the result.
derekrothwell
Junior

Postby webmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:31 pm

2nd screen should be to the right.

This is why it does not work.

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Second Display

Postby Derek » Tue May 03, 2005 10:07 pm

ZionWorx is now functional. First impressions are that it is a good programme. Many thanks.
Derek

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues