Dual Displays

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Dual Displays

Postby Terry Catling » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:15 am

I have a computer supporting an NVidia GEForce Video Card which has dual output mode to Analogue display and TV. Using ZionWorx is fine if I plug in the 'S'Video jack to a projector, the display screen showing from the projector. However, advice received locally when indicating that the computer would be some distance from the priojector, suggested that I should use a Data Cable ratyher than the S Video. As the Video Card has only one monitor output I also acquired a 'splitter' to take the signal to a monitor and to the projector. When I set this up the projector cloned the image on the monitor and, no matter what I did, I could not get the projector to display the presentation area only. Is there a way of doing this or do I need either another vidoe card, for cheapness, or a different dual head V card?
Terry Catling
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:01 am

Could you give us the make and model of the Graphics card you have? A link to a picture/spec would be very helpful to determining your problem.

Peter
\o/ The Lord is Gracious and Compassionate, Slow to anger and Rich in Love. \o/
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:24 pm

So have you definitely gone through Control Panel > Display > Display properties and clicked on the second monitor and then ticked the box which says "Extend my Windows Desktop to this monitor"?
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Terry Catling » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:21 am

Thanks Peter_in_Christ and Chris_h62
Yes, I have gone through all the properties areas Chris, and that's when I found out that nothing more than cloning happened, no matter what I tried. I'm actually on a different machine for emails but I don't remember seeing the message to Extend my Windows Desktop to this monitor". I'll certainly have another look though.

For Peter, the Video Card is a GeForce FX5100.

Hope you can help some more
Terry
Terry Catling
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:16 am

Terry,

http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20030311775583.html

You may need to use the latest drivers from NVidia (follow this link): http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_nview.html

Often the drivers you installed from the CD would be out of date and NVidia often updates their drivers... updated drivers also provides you with more features to play with if your graphics card support them

Do you have a motherboard with a built-in VGA (monitor) port?

Peter

P.S. For those with Nvida cards on their laptop: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Postby Terry Catling » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:35 am

Thanks for your help, Peter_in_Christ. However, having looked long & hard at the problem, I see that the single VGA output on the GeForce card is the problem. I am therefore considering the option of putting in a PCI Bus RADEON 7000 64meg DDR Dual Video & TV out Video card and altering the BIOS to make this the primary VGA output. Will this work, as it works out to be a cheap option?
Terry Catling
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:49 am

Terry,

I think it could do the job you're looking for :)

You can also download the Hydravision software to help you out from ATI: http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7000/radeon7000/

Peter
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues