Problems with Matrox Millenium G450 dual head graphics card

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problems with Matrox Millenium G450 dual head graphics card

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:36 am

I'm sure this is something you will have come across (and certainly hope so).

I have just installed a Matrox Millenium G450 dual head 32MB AGP graphics card on a Windows 2000 pc. The pc has just had a fresh install of windows, the graphics card drivers were loaded from the original Matrox CD and of course Zionworx was loaded in the normal manner.

However, whilst I can get both monitors to work when viewing my windows desktop (either splitting the desktop in two or simply showing the same on both screens), I cannot figure out how to make the Zionworx Presentation Screen to show.

When viewing "display properties" under control panel, I had expected to see two monitors but only see one. I am unsure whether this is relevant or simply a red herring to confuse matters.

Whilst I am sure this is simply a set-up issue on my part, I am now getting to the "banging my head against the wall" stage so any and all advice shall be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bryan.

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:41 am

Hi Bryan,

Sounds like you need to check the Extend my Windows Desktop to this monitor option, although if there is only one monitor appearing, it might be worth restarting the computer and seeing if it appears then.

Also, make sure that the 2nd Monitor is displayed to the right of the 1st monitor in the Display Properties window.

Hope this helps.

Chris

EDIT: - I just remember someone saying that Windows 2000 doesn't support Dual Monitor Display - but I may be wrong.
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:52 am

Hi again,

I've just had a little search around the forum and found several posts which seem to suggest that Win2000 is not a very good choice for dual monitor support. It will probably just clone the display.

You may be best of to go for Win98 ore XP because both of these run Dual monitor without any problems.

Chris

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:02 pm

Sorry - that last "Guest" was me!!!
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:07 am

Hi Bryan,

Just in case you have not done this: you must have both heads connected to "something" when the system reboot. If by doing this and you still see only one monitor under setting, then there is some other problem, eg, driver.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:22 pm

That's a good point William - I forgot about that!
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues