Exorcism needed

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Exorcism needed

Postby York Pilson » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:46 pm

As if getting a new service going without any funds weren't difficult enough, we seem to have gremlins galore in the equipment we are using. I have a Dell Latitude CPi, 300 meg, that I have been using to run Zionworx, and we are using a borrowed Infocus LP330 projector. This past Sunday, when I tried to go to the presentation screen, the projector broke up the picture, so it looked like a Piet Mondrian design. I tried to use other programs, but the projector kept doing the broken screen thing. even in Powerpoint and Word. :cry: I tried to reproduce the effect today at home, but have not been able to do so.

We are finally talking about actually spending money for equipment. The church is interested in getting a laptop, so we can move it around the building for other ministries, and buying a 2,000 lumen projector. Any suggestions regarding choice of equipment would be greatly appreciated.
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

spilt screen

Postby kingobvious » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:55 am

I get a split screen on the projector if I boot up the compter without the video card plugged into the video card.

The fix is just have to reboot wit it plugged in.
kingobvious
Junior

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:17 pm

If I don't learn humility out of this, I am a lost cause. The bishop was visiting Sunday to baptise our pastor's son, and was sitting in front of the screen. I had everything set up and working, and blanked the screen. At the beginning of the service, I only had to push F12 to bring the screen back up. It worked, except for one little thing: the whole screen was projecting backwards. :oops: I have tried unplugging and rebooting in the past, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I read in another forum that there are firmware upgrades for the Infocus projector, so I went to the website. The upgrade is free, but the upgrade cable is $20. The web page says that the 330 and 335 use the same cable, so I ordered it, and, it does not fit my machine. The common cup is looking better to me each Sunday.
The church is looking at getting some new equipment, so I hope that my problems will abate when it finally arrives.

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues