Matrox video card problem

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Matrox video card problem

Postby York Pilson » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:33 am

My church has instituted a new praise and worship service. I have been using Zionworx on my laptop, and the program is quite popular with the congregation. I ordered a Matrox dual head card to use in a Gateway 733, which has an a video card on the motherboard. I have had no luck in getting the card to work. The first screen was distorted vertically and horizontally. When I enabled the second screen, I got the cursor on the second screen and the desktop on the first screen. I took it to a friend who has worked on computers for some years, and he was unable to get the card to work properly. He took out the Matrox card and the computer is working normally.
I would love to get the card installed and working, so I can use the dual screen capabilities of the program. It is my friend's opinion that the card may be defective. Does anyone have any hints before I box up the card and return it to the vendor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
York Pilson
York Pilson
Intermediate

Postby Williamting » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:12 am

Hi,
For the distortion part, is it possible that the refresh is set wrongly? Try using different refresh rate.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues