New laptop/ zionworx just bought

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

New laptop/ zionworx just bought

Postby pbc_avcontroller » Wed May 26, 2004 12:59 pm

We have just, in the last few months, bought an Acer Aspire 1353XCXPH notebook and Optoma EP757 DLP Projector and using Zionworx/ PowerPoint 2003 to view the hymns/ songs etc. Everything is working well using the extended desktop facility of the Acer (the display adapter is a VIA/S3G KM400/KN400). The only slight problem we are having is, for the want of a better description, flickering silver horizontal lines when I scroll through the photo gallery to select the images for the backgrounds. The projector automatically sets itself to 1024x768 when the notebook is attached via the monitor extension cable (25m!). The DPI setting on the notebook is set to 'normal size -- 96DPI'

As a test I tried to play a DVD through the notebook DVDROM/ CDRW but got white flashes randomly over the picture -- any ideas?

The specs for the notebook are:
Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 256DDR RAM, 20Gb HD. We are thinking about increasing the memory to 512MB.

This is my first visit to this forum and it ha already provided a substantial amount of knowledge.

Regards

Ewan
pbc_avcontroller
Junior

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues