Some ideas

If you have a hardware issue feel free to post on this part of the forum.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:19 am

i quite like the idea of having a hidden display on stage for the worship team. that'd be awesome to have the music on it too. a great idea to help them, like you say, use more rare songs on the spur of the moment. i'm sure it would be a worthy investment for churches that can afford it.

Postby jefff » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:22 am

whoops. that "guest" was me. i'm new to here, i didn't know that would happen. i thought it was going to ask me to sign in or something. :oops:
jefff
Junior

Postby Diceman » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:59 pm

I agree with you.

Theres actually some pretty funky posts on this issue from before Christmas.

ps nice to have u onboard jeff

kind regards Dice
"Let there be light, cameras and action"
Diceman
Senior

Overlay on Video

Postby Mealz » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:40 am

I have been experimenting and can overlay text on video with zionworx v2 and a program called Dscaler.

I run Dscaler fulllscreen behind Zionworx and make the zionworx background R:G:B 32:16:16 (the key colour) and I can get nice overlay on fully deinterlaced video (due to Dscaler) Its not antialiased of course but if you run it at 1024x768 or higher it is not very noticable.

Dscaler is a software dienterlacer and can be found here: http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

Of course if zionworx was to be opensourced, you could include the Dscaler code in zionworx - that would put zionworx ahead of the #1 product easy worship (does overlay but no deinterlacing).

How cool would that be!
Mealz
Junior

Postby Diceman » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:08 am

Opensource is ultimately the way things are going to get much more productive http://www.openlp.org (the open source lyric projector system for windows) is an example of this, as is Lyricue the GNU Lyric Display System (For which I created the Lyricue rebranding). There is also the http://www.opensong.org project (for users with guitar tab requirements).

zionworx 3 is using it's own video engine - but I don't think Christian will want to use GPL code in zionworx because he doesn't want to open source the project.

Which is a pity really since the de-interlacing algorithms are going to be tough to come by otherwise.

It is of course his prerogative since without him we would not even have zionworx at all but I do get the feeling that through having four different 'free' projects addressing the same issues we are risking allot of lost time, missing out on a huge testing base and many other advantages to open source. As this is for a church application wouldn't it be nice if we could all at least share the source and system constructs.

The sad fact may be that Lyric Display will otherwise remain as insular and segregated as the church it wishes to serve. Perhaps this is a cue for Christian to email the other parties and help generate some kind or consortium page which focuses on the developing of on-screen-display for event software.

kind regards

Diceman
"Let there be light, cameras and action"
Diceman
Senior

Postby Gunny » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:18 pm

I have read with interest you 3 options and would like to say that we are far from any of those options finacially except option 1.

What I would like to see would be the three screen set up with 1 being the Operators Screen 2 congregation image on background or video with words over and 3 worship group showing what was on screen 2 but with a plain background, to make it easier to read rather that all the fuss that could be on the congregations screen.

Incidentally, if I had 3 graphics cards in a PC could I have three screens showing or would that be simpler to split the signal to the projector and a monitor?
Gunny
Gunny
Junior

Previous

Return to Zionworx v2.0 Hardware issues