Looping Announcements?

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Looping Announcements

Postby Clarence Peters » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:40 pm

For announcements and messages, we've been using Lotus Freelance Graphics as part of the Smartsuite. You can get the whole package for "a song". It will do limited text effects, drop, slide, wipe in pictures, etc. Just make a self-running program that runs from a click on the desktop.
Powerpoint is the best, but Micro$oft isn't always the best value.
Clarence Peters
Junior

Announcements

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:29 pm

Although Powerpoint is gud for all kinds of announcements, it would be alot easier if zionworx contained it and it was all in the same program. Powerpoint takes quite a while to animate and set timings and everything whereas u could just set a time limit before it changes it automatically for all announcements of zionworx (just a thought). The ability to loop pictures would be useful as well(See Topic: Photo Slideshow!). What does everyone else think about looping pics?
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby mikeyp » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:57 pm

I agree that linux is a good platform for all sorts of things, I currently use it for an http server for lan parties, but I dont think it would be any good for churches. The whole point of using zionworx in our church is that although I understand most things and would be perfectly capable of using it on a linux platform, when I am not there, who is going to control it? Windows is complicated enough for most people, so would they be able to cope with a linux based system? Simplicity and ease opf use is the answer so I dont think using linux would be of any use to most people.
mikeyp
Intermediate

Previous

Return to Zionworx Wish List