Used by permission CCL Licence Number XXXXX

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Used by permission CCL Licence Number XXXXX

Postby brainier » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:58 am

The text "Used by permission CCL Licence Number XXXXX" is automatically appended to any song for which any text is entered into the copyright field. This is regardless of whether the song is covered by CCL licences.

A typically example is a public domain song, and so I would like to see an option to display public domain information without CCL numbers - we do not need CCL permission to display public domain songs - we need no-one's permission.

But additionally, and this is a new one for me, we have just bought the rights to display a song that is specifically not covered by CCL - but Zionworx will automatically add CCL licence info.

Can we have an option per song regards the CCL text display with the default being to show CCL text.

For your info, the song in question is found in a very common UK hymn book - Songs of Fellowship #688 - but if you look at the words on the CD you will see that copying (i.e projection) of the song is excluded under CCL rights (along with songs 46, 261, 381, 393, 423, 676, 813, 817, 830 & 875 from the same book(s)).
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx Wish List