Finding a song in ZionWorx

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Finding a song in ZionWorx

Postby AliBy » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:01 am

It would be helpful if you can pause or freeze the screen so that you can keep the current songs text displayed while you open the next song. We will OFTEN alter the order of songs on the fly and it is difficult for the projector/PC operators if they can't at least preview the words of a song before they project them.

Secondly a feature that I have found very VERY helpful in the Worship Him demo is that there is a search feature that will search the entire data base. If we start a song that the operator doesn't know but she hears the words "God's love for me" she can do a search (and it's fast) and ALL the songs that have that phrase in, anywhere in the text, will be shown and made available to be displayed. A quick preview of the words will allow you to quickly see which song it is that is required.

Alistair
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby intuitas » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:58 pm

Alistair,

Both these things are a good idea.
Given the present use of screen real estate and (for me) the temporary nature of both the 'search results' and service list 'preview' it would suit me if they were pop-up windows. Perhaps the 'preview' pop-up window could do double duty to display either next song detail or detail of the song currently highlighted in the search results list.

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Postby mango » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:24 am

Just in case if you didn't know, some projectors allow you to freeze what's being projected.
mango
Intermediate

FReezing the display

Postby AliBy » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:40 am

By Freezing the display, I simply mean that the software shouldn't update the "projector" display or clear it. I am not refering to the freeze function on some projectors.

Further:
By using the "green tick" we can cause everything to go live - i.e. if another song is selected it will automatically show on the projetor. Using the "red cross" we can clear the project and select new songs or move around the current song and then "send" the selected text to the projector when we want it. If there can be a check box that will not refresh the projector screen untill you click the "green tick", then you could navigate to other songs while the previous chorus is still shown.
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:25 pm

Ahhh... I think I understand now.

Are you talking about the way that the first 'screen' of a song is automatically displayed when you load it, if the text layer is currently visible?

So AliBy, if this 'feature' could be 'turned off' then could you achieve the freezing effect you want?
Christian
Site Admin

Keep Showing Previous Song

Postby AliBy » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:52 pm

Yes, I think so.

If ... the band is going to sing the chorus of one song and go straight into the chorus of another song ...
1.) I am projecting the first song (say the people are still singing the chirus)
2.) I select the next song so that it's text is displayed in the right hand window
3.) The chorus (of the previous song) is still being projected, while I slect an appropriate position where the next songs chorus begins.
4.) The first songs chorus ends and I click the green tick to project the words of the second song's chorus (the place I navigated to whle projecting the previous song's words)

Is this a good example that describes it?

(Aside: I have seen some software that has two "songs" windows. One is the active projection and one is the next in que. You just click to make it live. This means while you are working through a live song you can prepare the next one)
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

with zionworx i use a sidekick software

Postby zer0burn316 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:11 pm

with zionworx i use a sidekick program called powerworship, also a free download (check my website under linx) and i use it for such occasions you create the song using the power worship then delete the unwanted slides and you go the song yo desire less back and forth stuff, and playit through the zionworks software, maybe and idea 4 ya
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List