Ipod/iphone control

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Ipod/iphone control

Postby CardassianScot » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 am

Having recently got an ipod touch and downloaded a powerpoint control for it, I thought this would be a great addition to zionworx, ipod/iphone control.

You can have a small picture of the screen and then some controls.

Anyway just an idea.
CardassianScot
Junior

Re: Ipod/iphone control

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 am

Hi CS,

Actually I had a conversation with someone about an idea like this only a couple of weeks ago...
Are you envisaging this being purely for PowerPoint control, or actually for other ZW features too (like loading next song/reading etc)?

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby brainier » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Both please - see http://zionworx.org.uk/forum_3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=858 for the discussion on other remote presenters and the conflicts with keys used in Zionworx.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby CardassianScot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 pm

That thread is not strictly relevant to what I have in mind. The idea is rather than just blindly pass key presses you have a server and a client model (since this has to be done across a wireless network for the ipod). The server is part of Zionworx (or an add on) but it is aware of zionworx and what is going on on, thus the interface presented on the ipod can change depending on what zionworx is doing, although I was only seeing this is presenting mode rather than adding or editing stuff, basically it just lets you go through an existing play list. The powerpoint bit is probably more useful here as it lets a presenter see what's going on and select the slide.

Thus in song mode you would get a list of words split into verse that you can scroll vertically and tap to select and double tap to display, with a next, previous button for verses and a next previous button for the next item in the service list. In powerpoint view there could be a similar list of slides that you just tap the slide you want to display but also having the dual previous, next buttons.
CardassianScot
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List