PNG Support for Image Files

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PNG Support for Image Files

Postby brainier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Can we have PNG file support for background images.

I have created two files using Adobe Photoshop set to the same resolution (1024x768) and saved one as a JPEG file and the other as a PNG. I cannot use the PNG file in Zionworx even though it is a considerably better gradient and colour file. The JPEG has banding of colour so it is unusable on a large projector screen but all this is gone on the PNG.

I have attached both files as examples, though I have cropped the PNG file as it was too large to upload (could we increase the upload size on this forum a bit as well 256Kb is not very large).
Attachments
ZW-Background4.png
PNG Gradient
ZW-Background4.png (209.46 KiB) Viewed 5915 times
ZW-Background3.jpg
JPG Gradient
ZW-Background3.jpg (134.31 KiB) Viewed 5916 times
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: PNG Support for Image Files

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 am

Yeah I agree that PNG is a better format ... although heavier in file weight too.

To be honest, with most projectors and standing back in the audience - you won't see the banding anyway. It maybe evident on the computer but I'd be surprised if anyone really notices it once projected (unless you have some ultra amazing HiDef projector he he)
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx Wish List