Powerpoint Display by F10 F12

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint Display by F10 F12

Postby PeterF » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:53 am

One confusing think we find for operators is that when you put the next song up in a playlist - it does not immediately show (if you have done F10).
However if the next item is a powerpoint slide it does immediately display.
(operators like to queue up the next item ready one the previous one has finished)

It would be more consistent if the F10 and F12 effectively controlled the blank and not blank screen for the powerpoint slide as well.

(I agree a black slide at the start of each powerpoint block would have the same effect but you are then requesting various preachers who may only be visiting and who put this together to know all this - not ideal)

Is this possible for an updated version ?
Pete Farrant

Whaley Bridge Uniting Church
PeterF
Junior

Re: Powerpoint Display by F10 F12

Postby brainier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Excellent suggestion
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby apwood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Could get confusing if the slideshow is set to display with automatic timings - it would display automatically but nothing would be seen on screen. User could set the first slide to manual though.
apwood
Intermediate

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 am

yeah I've noticed this too & while our younger team pick it up fast, our older members struggle with the difference between song control & powerpoint control
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Postby apwood » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:00 am

I certainly agree with the principle that control of any item in the playlist should ideally work in the same way - the people who operate Zionworx for me during church services also struggle with such things - and they aren't especially old.

Perhaps the rule coiuld be that F10 works as normal when the powerpoint is NOT set to automatically advance the slides, or else there could be a pe powerpoint option for what F10 does. Such an option would have to be per slideshow because without that you couldn't get consistent behaviour.
apwood
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx Wish List