Bibles from biblija.net & Quick edit

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Bibles from biblija.net & Quick edit

Postby zeekoe » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:25 pm

These are the two features I miss most:
* Bibles from biblija.net
The most commonly used Dutch bibles are available from biblija.net (along with bibles in several other languages). It would be of much use - at least for Dutch users - if support for this website would be added.
I've been thinking... I already made a parsing script in php for biblija.net before; if I can convert this to a biblegateway-like interface and redirect that to the browser, all I need is setting up a web server and configuring my "hosts" file to point biblegateway.com to localhost... but perhaps a change in the ZionWorx code would be more efficient - although less 1337 :-)

* Quick edit
I mean a quick edit like Lyricue has: a text box at the bottom left, containing the text of the currently selected verse in the list above. It has two buttons: show and save. "Show" shows the text directly on the screen (can be used for last-minute editing of songs and for quick message display), "Save" saves the updated version of the verse into the current song of the song database. Why this feature? Sometimes I see a mistake in, e.g. verses 3 and 5 if we're already singing. If we're singing verse 1, I can edit the song, doubleclick it to re-show it (it automatically shows the first verse). If we're already at verse 2, there's no way to correct it: doubleclicking will revert to verse 1 again.

By the way, is ZionWorx open source? I noticed the text "svn" somewhere on this website before. I may be able to help, although I don't have Delphi experience yet (and possible not enough time). If it is, then it might be an idea to more actively promote this on the site to attract developers. If not, might it not be a good idea; this way many people can help with the development - and if it's already in svn, the change to open source will not be that big, I imagine.

[edit] for the FAQ about data conversion from 2.0 (I seemed unable to post in that forum) - it's probably usefull to add that the location of the "Data" folder has changed. It has not changed in the default location of the co-installed DBConv.exe, so users will end up with an empty database if they're not looking well.
zeekoe
Junior

Re: Bibles from biblija.net & Quick edit

Postby zeekoe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:01 pm

Well... since I got no replies, I did it the "evil hack" way...
Here's the result of a few hours of programming; a ZionWorx "bible api" with a working biblija.net implementation.
http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.teune/zionworx/zionworx-biblija.zip
The result:
(in Linux, single screen, don't have windows running on this pc)
Still some character set issues and some other small biblija.net-parsing issues, but apart from that it seems to fake ZionWorx pretty well ;-)
Usage: put the contents of the "zionworx-biblija" folder out of the zip file in your web root, have apache and php installed, edit /etc/hosts to point http://www.biblegateway.com to 127.0.0.1, and ready you are. I don't know enough of legal stuff to say if this may actually be used :-)
If this might be of help to someone in the future, I'm reachable at rtwolf#gmx.net (#=@).
zeekoe
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:38 pm

One comment - you can set the URL for 'bible gateway access' in the ZWSettings.ini file. Look for the tag 'Bible Gateway Name' - you can see if changing this removes the need to edit the hosts file.

One question - Can you describe your setup to have Zionworx running under Linux? This will also be of interest to other ZionWorx users.

One note - ZionWorx isn't open source. This topic has come up previously but there are other factors besides just the ease of making it an open source project.

Very impressed with what you put together!!
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby banthee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

What are some good websites to find bible study worksheets to do on my own? I am fifteen years old and i am trying to find some worksheets or lessons or lesson plans for a bible study i can do on my own. This bible study is just my personal time with God and its only me in it so i would really appreciate if anyone knows some websites i can go to so i can find these things. Thanks!

Return to Zionworx Wish List