Line Spacing

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Line Spacing

Postby Wayne » Wed May 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Please consider allowing a single line space without this automatically creating a seperate verse. Some songs only have a coupole of lines (albeit repeated) in a verse and then move on to the next verse on a separate screen.

We get around this at the moment by having a single character "." on the line that seperates the two verses it works but is not particularly pretty
Wayne
Junior

Re: Line Spacing

Postby brainier » Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 am

The best way to get around this is to type on a new line ALT+255 (on the number keypad).

This enters a blank space, but as it is not a space but character 255 on the keyboard (space is character 32) it does not force a new paragraph.

Notes: Must use the number keypad, must hold down ALT whilst entering all numbers, and if using a laptop without a number keypad you probably will find small numbers in blue/grey on the main keys (U=4 usually). To use these keys you also need to hold down the Fn (function) key as well as the ALT key.

This blank space is also useful for indenting lines, as multiple spaces at the start of a line do not work (I think).
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Wayne » Thu May 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Tried that but oh my! When i hold down the Fn and Alt keys and then press K (to get a 2) my whole screen display rotates 180 degrees. Just spent 15minutes undoing this. Any ideas?
Wayne
Junior

Postby davepartridge » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 am

What you may find is that you can press Function and then another key is marked 'Num Lock' or something like that. If you press Function and Num Lock, then you can press Alt 255 and then press Function and Num Lock to bring the keyboard back to normal.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby brainier » Fri May 16, 2008 1:08 pm

To undo the screen rotate, did you try the number 8(8) key instead? If the 2(K) key rotated it one way, the 8 probably rotated it back again. Either that or 4(U) to rotate left and 6(O) to rotate right.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx Wish List