Alternative Title in Playlist

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Alternative Title in Playlist

Postby SteveK » Thu May 08, 2008 11:27 am

I had an issue on Sunday, where the Playlist was setup by the operator using the main title, but when the worship leader jumped songs half way through the service he used the alternative title! Zionworx operator didn't know the song, panicked as it wasn't in their playlist (looking for the wrong title) and I had to dart foward to sort it out.

Would it be possible to include both the 'Main Title' and the 'Alternative Title' in brackets in the playlist, so that it makes it easier in our style of church where the playlist is more of a menu of songs, any of which could be used during the service, depending upon the flow?
I guess if the Alternative title was used to add the song to the playlist, then the 'Main Title' should be put in brackets.

I can appreciate not all churches would find this feature useful, so maybe an option in preferences to turn it on and off?

Does anyone else think this would be useful?
SteveK
Junior

Re: Alternative Title in Playlist

Postby Wayne » Wed May 14, 2008 10:55 pm

Good idea. We also save some songs under the first line of the Chrousand that is often where the worship leader starts. Of course as a temporary measure you could always include the alternate title after the primary and encapsulate in brackets. We find this works too.
Wayne
Junior

Postby Wayne » Wed May 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Good idea. We also save some songs under the first line of the Chrousand that is often where the worship leader starts. Of course as a temporary measure you could always include the alternate title after the primary and encapsulate in brackets. We find this works too.
Wayne
Junior

Postby PeterF » Wed May 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Can I add that the Powerpoint listing in the display should show the slide number on the title line.

We often have a number of responses in a powerpoint presentation that are split by songs - so I add it into the list multiple times as appropriate starting from the slide I need - however they all look identical in the playlist.

At the start if the title would be most useful
Pete Farrant

Whaley Bridge Uniting Church
PeterF
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List