Pop-up notes for complex songs

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Pop-up notes for complex songs

Postby John Buckley » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:57 pm

It might be helpful if the projectionist can add song notes, to cope with worship groups and modern song writers who make the running order of a song complicated... songs that start with a chorus, 'bridges' and repeating verses in 'random' orders etc. These would 'pop up' on the screen whilst the song is being displayed (having been added during the practice) to aid getting the order right.
John Buckley
Junior

Re: Pop-up notes for complex songs

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:13 am

We have found a way round this in our worship.

We create the song in the database as it was practiced or how the Cd is played..

We use CD's for most of our worship songs so each one has a specific repeat so we created the databas that way simpler than keeping nots as we always know it is in the correct format for the operator....

Trying to keep it simple is always best, on a personnal not haveing notes would really not help when someone wants to add a song during the service as I have found before hence why I rewrote ten to act the way on our music.

Regards
Edd
Webdesign and hosting http://www.hairydogdesigns.com We can design FLash, Standard HTML and CMS sites using PHP and MySQL systems. For a Quote feel free to email Sales@hairydogdesigns.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby brainier » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I have a use for notes for songs. An example happened today. Verse 3 of a very well known old song is a bit incorrect - sort of says all men will be saved! So we do not sing that verse, and at some point in the past an operator of our computer has actually deleted the verse.

Now today's order of service from my pastor reads to play verses 1,2,4,5,etc. But that means I might miss out the third verse in ZW, not knowing that is really the fourth!

So notes would be useful to be able to jot down quick changes that have been made to the song from what is commonly done or found in hymn books cf. what we do at the church.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby SteveK » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:17 am

I would agree with John.

Notes would be extremely useful. We have a live band playing, and each time we play the song it is different, so notes to help the operator out which order they would normally happen, and which bits are bridges etc would be very useful.

Also some songs have 2 verses between each chorus, and others one, some one then two in the same song. Notes would help the operator who often is not a musician and thus doesn't know the songs so well.
SteveK
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List