PowerPoint Control

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PowerPoint Control

Postby intuitas » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:55 pm

Since we (St Thomas Anglican Church Howrah Tasmania Australia) are just embarking on the use of data projection with Zionworx as the centrepiece of visual control I am eager to adapt as much as I can to our particular circumstances.

Raw PowerPoint presentations provide two methods to control the manual display of slides - left and right mouse buttons and page up and down keys. The left mouse button advances the sequence while the right button generates the usual context sensitive menu. The page up and down keys take you backward and forward in the presentation.
We have purchased a presentation controller (Targus) only recently introduced to the Australian market which has two mouse buttons, with these two modes of operation.

Would you please consider adding a feature to accommodate this.

To do so the 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons controlling the flow of the PowerPoint presentation would respond to both direct mouse clicks and to the Page Up and Page Down keys on the keyboard.
intuitas
Senior

I thought you can already control PowerPoint in Zionworx

Postby zer0burn316 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:35 pm

:shock: I already control powerpoint in my zionworx, not trying to be sarcastic, or sounding funny, but trying to understand what yo are saying, i use owerpoint all the time and use them in zionworx. maybe you need to open that feature if you have not. it shows you the slides and you control them with buttons like a media player next, previous are with arrows and a green arrow to start. and a red square to end but if i misnderstood you i apoligise. by no means am i wanting to sound like i am making fun of you or anything.
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:06 pm

I think intuitas is referring to the lack of keyboard controls to advance a PowerPoint presentation when running within ZionWorx.

I'm intending to fix this issue in v3.0, but you may find the following thread in the Support Forum worth a read because I think somebody worked out a way round it...

Please see: "Remote control of PowerPoint slide transitions"
Christian
Site Admin

Postby intuitas » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:29 am

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. :D
Yes, I was referring to the "apparent" lack of keyboard controls.
I must stop writing posts at such early hours in the morning (before going to bed). They become somewhat incoherant.

I have checked out the solution in the support forum then tried it on my dual monitor set up at home - and it works!

I shall now try it out at church tomorrow, and let you know.
If it does work then I can write adequate instructions for other operators.

Just to clarify what I said earlier.
The remote we are using is a radio frequency device with a receiver which plugs into the USB port. The hand held part has two modes which can send either left and right mouse clicks or page up and page down keyboard signals to whatever is running on the computer.

Regards,

Paul Reader
intuitas
Senior

Sorry

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:09 pm

:shock: sorry about that i misunderstood. forgive me i did not mean to offend or anything just trying to understand. i know a buddy of mine got zionworx and could not run PowerPoint 95 in it and i thought it was the program. but he just got PowerPoint 2000 before he went to china and it works great. he also wants to be apart of the forum to thank zionworx, but he cannot due to the restrictions on his ministry. he is in a contry where it is closed to missionaries, and he has to be very careful what to say and how to say it or can get thrown out. but he sends you greatings and blessings, and your program is in china. he may soon regester it, he has the 60 day trial
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby intuitas » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:39 pm

Thanks zeroburn316,

No offence taken and I apologise for not making my post easier to understand.

I am likely to learn far more from these forums than I will ever contribute.

I praise the Lord that we can all share ideas we may all find useful regardless of our technical expertise, and that Christian has been blessed with the ability to incorporate the best of them.

God Bless!

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Me Too

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:27 pm

:shock: I just wanted to replay and say i agree qith you an wish you blessings finding the solutions you need
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List