Saving the Desktop Layout

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Saving the Desktop Layout

Postby AliBy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:50 am

I have been trying to find some software that I can use to save and restore the Desktop Layout with.

We use ZionWorx, MP3Direct (for Recording), VLC (for live feed), the volume control panel etc.
I want to be able to arrange them all on the desktop and then save the layout - the sizes and possitions of the windows and panels.

I would then like to create a single shortcut that will open all the apps and restore them to the layout I saved (not what people may have changed it to during opperation)

Have any of you found or are using something that can do this?

:?:
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby AliBy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:50 am

:D
I have found a command line tool, NirCmd, that you can use to adjust windows of open programs, reposition, min, max, move, bring-to-front, always on top .... the list is near endless (even hide your Start Button).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd2.html

8)
A sister program, WinExplorer, provides a great interface where you can discover the class or handles for open windows (and other parts of each window that can be controlled). You can then resize or move it untill you get it where you want. Then copy the parameters to a bat file so you can reporduce the layout as you want.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winexp.html

:idea:
Now you can tweak the layout of your projector software (ZionWorx), Recording console (MP3DirectCut), Video Player (VLC) and any other windows you want. And save it to a script/bat file that you can auto run on windows startup so that everyone starts from the same layout and can see everythng that matters at once.
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List