nursery alert

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

nursery alert

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:54 pm

:shock: at my church we ave a nursury system where the child is given a number and the parent is given that number. it is like 101, 030, etc just a 3 digit number and we have a powerpoint slide that we have at church that is a black screen and in yellow, it saud Nursury # 101, and it alerts the parents to leave service and tend to their child. in thinking it becomes distracting when worship is going on and when pastor is preaching, and you have to cut the show, go to black and display the slide then go back to the songs or the sermon outline, (Which i use Zionworx to deliver in a fake song called sermon) a neat feature would be a nursury alert feature where a small black or red box pears in the lower left or right corner, and you just add the number you need, like 101 etc. ad you hit a button like go live or something and it discretly apears in the corner for like 10 -15 seconds and is less distracting, just a thought. :oops:

P.S. it may be cool to also be able to change the options like from nursury to like car with lights on and insert the liscence number or something cause that became a distract too, maybe if it was all one feature where you can type the title you want like nursury or car with lights on etc, and them the number :wink:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Nursery Alert

Postby JARidgers » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:42 pm

This is an EXCELLENT idea. My church currently don't have a nursery alert system of any description but badly need one. We've toyed with the idea of a seperate LED display with a remote keypad, but that's expensive and messes up the aesthetics of the sanctuary. An on screen alert would be absolutely awesome!

Also, I think a top corner is better than a bottom corner, especially as all the CCL info is displayed on the bottom. Something flashing up in a top corner is still subtle yet catches the eye easier. Also, there could be a different corner for nursery alert and vehicle alert...say left for nursery, right for vehicle.
JARidgers
Junior

sweet

Postby zer0burn316 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:27 pm

:shock: sweet idea on the alerts i do feel this as a great need for zionworx, i would need to use it a bit not all the time, but when it is needed it is there.
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby intuitas » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:57 am

:D I agree this is an excellent idea although sadly our congregation is small enough not to need it.

We would also have a little difficulty implementing it during sermons since we have to 'hand over' control of the display to the preacher.

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Postby Christian » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:51 am

Hi folks,

I agree this is a v. good idea and would add a lot of benefit for minimal work. I'll do my best to get this into v3.0...

BTW is the nursery alert idea mainly an American thing? This may sound stupid, but I'm just interested, as I've never seen it in a church in the U.K. - surely somebody will prove me wrong! :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

perspective

Postby Diceman » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:23 pm

This is a great idea and would be wonderful if incorporated into Zionworx.

But to allow customisation, the alert would have to be placed at the user's discretion (or risk producing a bespoke solution which does not allow much use in other contexts).

Are we really looking at support for transparent layered presentations, with possibly a template for the creche alert. The advantage of this would mean multithreaded elements could be customised to work together. For example: A series of logo slides to appear in the corner, independant of the words already on the screen and the mpeg video clip running in the background.

I may be completly off here - but surely this would make for a stronger more integrated and customisable application (as opposed to just adding a very specific routine - crowding the interface).

Re: Nursery Alert an American thing. We use one at Spring Harvest, Easter People. I've seen them used at New Wine, and Harvest North East and in larger UK and Irish churches.

Diceman
Diceman
Senior

cool

Postby zer0burn316 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:03 am

:shock: hey i just wanted to let you know that this feature is a feature i would use regularly in my ministry just in looking at the other programs i work with it would be cool to have a feile in the menu bars at the top that you can quickly type a message and how a q and it goes on screen then hit the q again and it goes away like in mediashout (Just a thought)
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby MaFt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 am

could you also make a random number generator so it can be used for bingo too :lol: :wink:

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
MaFt
Junior

Postby JohnRP » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:44 am

an alert system is a good part of any projection software I have been in churches here in the us that used digital number displays before projectors were availble. I like the alert system better because if used right it can handle more than nursery issues. Things like headlights are on plate number 123abc, or alert ushers to needs in other department using communication devices to the projector operator he then can enter the neede request and disable at appropriate timings. most alerts I have seen disply a single line message and the message has to be typed at the time of diplay. Also they are only good if you are using the software that has the alert in it. Example sometimes people switch to powerpoint as a stand alone and in that they lose this precious tool. the answer here then becomes A stand alone alert projector that displays over any running software. there is such one out there it is called Gabriel it works well has one entry in it and costs about fifty dollars .

I have made an alert program for use in my church it is a stand alone and it has three presets for sending that can be chnged as needed I have it set for
children may go to thier class for after worship diplay
nursery alert that I just add number to
and the third is like the nursery call number but it is set for childrens church numbers .....

it also has a preview and background color selector to set it close to what is displayed. it can be set to flash to get attnetion quicker.

good thoughts here guys hope all this helps
JohnRP
Junior

Postby Pete » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:28 pm

JohnRP Would you be interested in makeing this programme avaiable may be christian and eddie would make it available as part of the extras downloads. Christian / Eddie would this be possible.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby webmaster » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:49 am

As always I have no problems with people sending me addons to the sofware if it helps people.

That's why the redesign happend to make it easy for us to add these sort of things.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

not a problem here.

Postby JohnRP » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:45 am

The program is complete in itself. it would not be an addon it would give you an idea as to what to do for an addon. but in my experience it is nicer to use this as a stand alone. I also have made my own worship software one that does the unique things that I felt were needed for my worship team. and when the worship software is running from the control panel I have a launch button that runs this alert software. So when I close the worship software the alert software remains running so I can use it with whatever I use next. I am not a proggrammer per say. Am near 42 and have not programmed since my Commodore 64 in basic at that. When I got the projector I was amazed at how much brothers are charging for a simple piece of work. I prayed went out and got a old copy pf VB5 and started there. within a couple of hours the nursery alert was made over the next two months I created my own worship software this is what I use in my church. God gets this glory for I am a floorcovering installer in the work world not a programmer. You are welcome to the alert system executable file if you would like to add a launch later or if you would want to use it as it is just lauch it seperate.

let me know if this can help and I will be glad to donate the completed executable.

JohnRP
JohnRP
Junior

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:38 pm

john i realise it is standalone programme but feel that it may be a good stop gap for users of Zionworx untill the new version comes out. It is something that i would deffinatly be interested in why not send a copy to edd and see what he thinks he seems happy to add it to the downloads section
Pete
Intermediate

Postby webmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:58 pm

Please send it to me any program that helps bridge the gap between V2 and V3 will help.

Please email it to resource@zionworx.org.uk

I will check it out and then put it on the site asap.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Zionworx webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Sent Program out

Postby JohnRP » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:04 am

Hello Friend it is in our webmasters hands now. Hope it serves all purposes intended.

John Pennington
JohnRP
Junior

Next

Return to Zionworx Wish List