End of Song Clue

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

End of Song Clue

Postby brainier » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:44 pm

Some song display programs indicate the current verse/total verses on the screen, and I appreciate that Zionworx cannot do that at the moment because it does not distinguish chorus etc from verses...

...but I would like it to (maybe as an interim measure in the next maintanence release) to indicate that the end of the song has been reached by showing something on the screen that you are on the last verse.

Thanks
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby wes » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:49 pm

I added 3 dots (full stops / period marks) underneath the last line of the last verse (or chorus) on every song.

The congregation understand this as well as the operator and musicians.

Simple but effective - does mean you have to edit all your hymns and song files one by one (we realised the usefulness of this when we only had about 100 songs in our database so was not such a huge task to edit at that time). Now we have nearly 1500, I would probably look for an easier solution !

Wes
wes
Junior

Postby brainier » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:45 am

I'm already over 100 songs, and so am too looking for the easy solution - which is one done by the application and not me. If I were to do as you have done it would mean that every person who used the system would need to be consistent, and currently on editing songs they have not been and also, if the application was to do something like this for me I would need to remove the "hack" as well!
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby Jonathan Hills » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Any solution would need to be specific to the song and not a global setting. I have set up several songs with different starts and endings to cater for the different styles of worship leaders. So for us, the isn't always a definite song ending (especially if the projectionist is not awake!!)
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Sure. It could be a database/per song setting with a global on/off option on upgrading to the release containing the update
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Re: End of Song Clue

Postby PeterF » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:46 am

This sounds an excellent idea - particularly helpful for the music group who may be singing off music copies using the tune from a different hymn or a different number of verses - its amazing how slightly different the same hymn or song can be between different books.
Pete Farrant

Whaley Bridge Uniting Church
PeterF
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List