Display verse/total number on screen for poistion

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Display verse/total number on screen for poistion

Postby tookeyc » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:56 am

I have been asked by a few people if it was possible to show the verse numbering so people know where they are in the songs.

Example 3/6 in the top left corner or any corner. Showing current verse and total amount. It helps with people knowing when we are on the last verse.
tookeyc
Junior

Postby vetto » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:06 pm

I simply put (Verse 1), or (Chorus) at the top of the slide. Who is the 3/6 indicator for? the music team or the congregation?
vetto
Senior

Postby tookeyc » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

The indicator is for the congregation. My problem is I recently went through the whole list of songs we have coverd by our licence and it spans about 7 song books.

It's a job and a half to go through and sort out the numbering.

I will give the suggestion a go.
tookeyc
Junior

Postby webmaster » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:52 pm

What I have foundis to songs as you go.

As then you will eventually get them done.

We use about 200 songs over last year so it makes you think really that if we created a database of the top 200 songs that would sort every one out maybe.

Regards
Edd
Webdesign and hosting http://www.hairydogdesigns.com We can design FLash, Standard HTML and CMS sites using PHP and MySQL systems. For a Quote feel free to email Sales@hairydogdesigns.com
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby vetto » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:39 pm

You could use SQL to add the 1,2,3,etc to the first line using a DB tool like roTDBsql.

I would simply add the numbers or parenths when preparing the service list. Eventually you will get them all (or at least the ones that you use) :wink:
vetto
Senior

Postby tookeyc » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:40 pm

I hear what you are all saying and to add them can be done. It would be a good option though in the program to number for you considering it knows the amount of verses and which one you are on.

It's a wish option, and will hand craft the best I can.

Cheers.
Clive
tookeyc
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:37 pm

So, what happens when the worship leader decides to repeat something or go back to the first verse? Aren't you just creating a whole load of work for yourself for something that surely can only be of very limited use to 1 or 2 people at certain times of the service? Perhaps you could just have some sort of gesture by the worship leader or projectionist that this is the last verse?
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby vetto » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:23 pm

That is what we do. The leader gives discrete signals to the band and the projectionist (me) what verse to go to...and if it is the last verse. That is why numbering the verses on the slide is primarily for me...so when she signals for the chorus I know what slide to put up immediately without reading it.

It would be a nice feature for labeling that way...not necessarily for the projected lyrics but rather for the interface. Small v1, v2, C, B, T, and whatnot. Would this be helpful?
vetto
Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List