Save customised background, font, colour etc. to database

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Save customised background, font, colour etc. to database - What is your opinion?

Yes, I think this is a good idea
89%
I am neutral about this
11%
Nay, not important
No votes

Total votes : 18

Save customised background, font, colour etc. to database

Postby Williamting » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:48 pm

Christian,

Further to questions by Malc and Brian on "Saving background image with song" and "Individual song Settings" respectively, I think it is a good idea. Perhaps, a couple of additional fields can be added to the DB to store information like Background (picture), font, font size, colour, and font alignment. With these information stored, setting up Service List would be a breeze!

To summarised what has been discussed, Malc and Brian asked if setting for the songs can be saved individually so that programming the Service List does not require a redo everytime the song is reused.
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:54 pm

Thanks William - everybody else, please vote! :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Re: Save customised background, font, colour etc. to databas

Postby Fraser » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:16 am

Saving font size etc in the database would allow me to optimise visibility - i.e. for short verses I could use a bigger font, or else "centralise" the text, and for longer verses I could use a slightly smaller font to avoid overflow.
Fraser
Junior

Good idea/Bad Idea

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:12 pm

:shock: this is one of those good idea/bad idea features. it is good for the person who wants the same old same old, but for the spontanious changer person it might be something they would not use, maybe it could be under user preferences :shock:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby intuitas » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:26 pm

Hi,

While I have voted that this is a good idea because I am in favour of making things more flexible (as long as it doesn't cause confusion) I don't think we would make much use of it. We find that plain background and consistent formatting make it easier for our congregation to focus on the purpose of the display (ie. to assist their worship).

One reason for using the data projector was this consistency, rather than the hotch potch of overhead slides made from texts with differing fonts, sizes and styles.

Nevertheless I can see that others might find it useful to enhance the way they worship.

Go for it.

Paul
intuitas
Senior

hey all

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:03 pm

:shock: cool, i agree that the more we get the confusuin may greaten, as long as it stays simple i agree, hey thanx again for all those cool ideas,
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby jeremy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:47 am

Personally I think this is a good idea, having read previous comments it would be good to have it as an option those that want to use it can etc...
I have found that during worship if you stick to the laid down plan all is ok because you have time to set up every song/chorus so that we do not have half a verse or a line missing etc. When the worship goes beyond the planned list, finding the song, setting it up and/or altering it can take time and at times disrupt (not the best word but I'm sure you know what I mean) the flow of a meeting.
jeremy
Junior

Postby Diceman » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:12 pm

I use a complete set of clean plates (Just white on black txt in a sans serif typeface). In addition to this I may use backgrounds, but not overly, since they tend to be subjective. Words can be more rapidly taylored by the congregation members mind to recieve the individual message which God is giving them. Althou the same can be said of images in the background. The subjective nature of image styles, photographic techniques, illustration techniques and peoples pre-conceptions of specific visual styles can often lead to them being destracted. Also an image which is relevant to one generation may not be to another and can hinder not encourage worship. It's a very fine balance between adding images for the aid of worship and adding images because the feature exists so why not use it.

Ballistics make the beauty of fireworks possible, but a gun can provide a man without the natural ability to kill with an easy an push button sollution. The Zionworx option suggested sounds really great, and I'm totally up for it. But like all technology, unless used wisely can do more damage than good.

Thoughtfully :-)

Luke
Diceman
Senior

Postby Williamting » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:41 am

I agree with what you have said, Luke. We need to be sensitive to the needs and adjust as required. One person's medicine is another's poison! A balance is required.

In my congregation, I am taking feedback and hear what they have to say. I noticed that careful selection of background to match the verses enhanced the worship. A sister shared with me that one of the backgrounds I use to match the verses caused her to be "deeply touched". However, another commented that I should consider not using the particular background.

By the way, I noticed that in my church, outlined yellow text stands out best on the wall. Our projector is not particularly "powerful".
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List