Images To Playlist

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Images To Playlist

Postby danparkes » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:18 pm

Would it be possible to add images to the playlist in the same way as for songs and PowerPoints?

This would allow images stored in the images directory to be displayed without having to alter the background setting of a song and would also save having to load each image into PowerPoint - tedious for a long slide show. The result would effectively be an image viewer like the one build into Windows XP but with a bit more functionality.

Another idea for the future may be to be able to add MP3s and other sound files to the playlist.
danparkes
Junior

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi,

For slides in PP have you tried "Insert - picture - New Photo Album" then insert from "File/Disk" then select the pics you want, follow through and it creates all the slides you have selected. Save it. Then select through ZionWorx as usual and you have a very quick way of producing a slide show.

Hope it works for you.

Tony
Tony
Junior

Postby danparkes » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:13 pm

Cool. Thanks for that. Unfortunatley it looks as if that functionality is only in version 2003 upwards so it would mean anyone who uses an earlier version of PowerPoint would still have to prepare slides "the old fashioned way."

However, I still think it would be useful to be able to add images to the play list as it would be useful for those one off occasions where an image may be required in the middle of a service.
danparkes
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:51 pm

I do like this idea, and think that an image displayer would be highly helpful. The number of times I've had to use some other program (Usually Jessops Print Studio, as far as I can remember) to display pictures on the screen in a slideshow format is quite high. The reason is, sometimes we like to show pictures from an event the night before and it's really not practical to make a PP show of 40-50ish digital pics when you only have the night to do it!

Another problem is that the Windows Slideshow Viewer doesn't support dual monitor display - it simply appears of the primary diaplay! Therefore, the only option is to use another program. Being able to add an image or a set of images to the playlist, that automatically cylcle at a user defined rate would certianly be of enormous value at times like the one described above! It would also unify all the functions that many of us require (like the media-presenter does) into the one program, which would be amazing!

Thanks for all the hardwork you guys are putting into make Zionworx the great program that it is and may God be with you as it moves on in it's development!

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi,

I hadnt realised that the facility to import new photo album was only introduced in PP2003.

Fortunately I am using 2003 and it is very easy to produce the slideshow and quickly.

I do agree it would be good to be able to add images to the ZW playlist.

All the best from Lancs

Tony
Tony
Junior

PowerPoint Importer

Postby AliBy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Try using PowerPoint Importer. There is one for PowerPoint 97 and one for PowerPoint 2000. It imports batches of photos into a new or existing powerpoint presentation. I find it really handy!

The versions I have are free and so I wonder if we can't post them on the site for everyone who would like them.

I've posted them to my web page but space is an issue as I am limited to 10Mb any body's help in hosting them (or uploading them to the ZW site will be appreciated) You'll get them here for now untill I'll need to delete them ...
[url]"http://myweb.absamail.co.za/avbaty/pptimport 2000 v2.0.zip"[/url]
[url]"http://myweb.absamail.co.za/avbaty/PPTImport 97 v1.0.zip"[/url]
(They're Available Now (26 Feb 2006))
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List