Chorus, Erase Text, and a few others.

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Chorus, Erase Text, and a few others.

Postby chucktx » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 am

Chorus (bridge):
I may have missed it and you may have said this was going to be implemented in V3. I decided to start a new thred since most of the others were all so old. You need some way not just to access the chorus but to denote it also. This needs to be done outside of the line break in the song beacuse in many cases you need to break the song up according to the music but that does not always correspond to the chorus. This is very tru in praise & worship type music, for hymns it's not such a big deal beacuse you usually keep a verse together. Also if you have all of the verses being hot keyed to their number then it might work well to have the chorus keyed to 0 instead of or including c. Maybe you could do the bridge if that is done also to the "+". this way you can navigate through an entire song with just the key pad.

Verse selection:
It would be nice to have the ability to select which verses are added to the playlist (i.e. Song1 be selected but only verses 1 & 3). The implementation of that could get bulky though because I would hate have that one feature add a question to the addition of any song to the playlist.

Automatic Chorus option:
It would be nice to to have as an option, because this would really mess up some people that have been using it as is, the ability to have at the end of each verse it automatically go to the chorus & then go back to the next verse. That way if the playlist is setup right you get a much more straight through playing. Relies more on prep time than on being right during the service. Prep time is easy to come by, relatively speaking.

"Erase Text" Deluxe:
In between songs if you want to just show the background you can "show background only", but then what was the erase text made for then? If you erase the text and load another song it does not load showing the first slide. If you (F11) then you have to (F12) to begin the next song. If you "erase text" you can load the next song and it won't start showing until you select the part you want and hit enter or the check mark. I like the ability to show background until I show the next piece. If an operator is not watching the projection they may not realize thet the text is not live. If you use the "erase text" function you don't have that problem, but there is no shortcut key. Also it would be nice to have a seperate control for the fade time of this part.

More warning when the preview does not match the output:
While after using this for a while you may be able to train your eyes to catch that the background color behind the text display staus is black, for a casual user this is not very noticeable. For those that have used it for years & like it that's great so it would be nice if you customize this function. I personally would like to see it flashing red or something, that may be annoying, but then again that's point to a warning.

Formatting editing:
I have seen right-clicking suggested in another thread. I know a great place for it. To me it is counterintuitive to have the options to change something disappear when you select it. When you have a song in the playlist and it's settings expanded, you can edit them providing you don't click on the setting you wantto change. It would be great if you could right-click and edit that setting. If you can't right-click then at the least don't make the button to edit that setting disabled.

Margin Editing:
It would be nice to be able to edit the margins like you can all the other settings for the song. I know they can be set and saved into a style & then that style can be applied, but if you wanted different Margins for a different song this can prove to be difficult.

For some smaller things;

Overwrite style notice:
It would be nice to have notice making sure that you intended to save the current style as a name that is being used.

No single Line second slides:
If the autobreak results in a a slide with only one line of text it would be nice if instead it would just take 2 just so you don't have a lone line.

Playlist highlight:
When you change the focus out of the playlist whatever song was last selected stays highlighted with a grey hightligh instead of a blue one. The bolding of the current playlist item is not much in contast to the other items, especially when there is still a hightlight in the playlist. It would be nice if the unfocused highlight also moved with the loaded item or more contrast was made between a loaded and unloaded item. If they light grey hight light was to stay on the last selected item then maybe a much more significant hight could be used on the loaded item, maybe even a selectable one.

I took one out here.

P. S. sorry this was so long, but most of the other posts had multiple ideas in them too. It was either this or to do it right it would have been 10 posts. If an admin wants to break it up that's great too.
chucktx
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List