Save Song Split Point Adjustment

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Save Song Split Point Adjustment

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:09 pm

One thing that I've found with adjusting the verse split points in the service list is that the adjustments are lost when another song is loaded.

It would be nice if these adjustments were saved with the service list so that you can set-up all songs to display as required before the service, or even save them, close ZW and come back to it at a later point and the split point adjustments still be in place.

This is not essential, but I feel like it would make a positive difference to the usability of this feature.

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:18 pm

Absolutly...
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Williamting » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:27 pm

I think you are both using customised "styles" to manage your display. I am using only the default style and found that I can "tune" every song and get to keep all attributes for every songs. What I have done is that I will first tune a song with appropriate attributes (font, font size, background pictures, etc) and save the attributes to the default style. This is done as often as appropriate. Perhaps once in every two months.

When a new song is selected into the service list, it will automatically pick the default style. If I find that a song requires fine tuning, I will adjust what ever is needed. Then save the service list. When I open it the next time, I get to save everything I have "tuned". Nothing is lost.

Perhaps it is worthwhile you give this a try.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby brainier » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:25 pm

We have a fixed set of styles, mainly with different font sizes to cope for songs with verses of differing lengths, but some verses are so long they do not fit with this structure without making a font size smaller than it would be to read easily.

So move the auto song breaks, change song, and back to the first song and the breaks have moved again.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Williamting » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:38 am

Hi Brian, Chris,
My apologies. You are right when you are talking about manually adjusted split point. The split point is indeed lost when another song is selected. Perhaps the easiest way to overcome this problem now is to insert a blank line in the song.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Ian Greig » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:15 pm

I agree. We currently have to manually add a new verse to split it, which makes it confusing for the operator as the verse numbers displayed are wrong. If you could save the splits it would be useful.
Ian Greig
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List