bible

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

bible

Postby nickm83 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:04 pm

would it be possible to be able to have a sub section on the left called bible. Then if there was a reading then you could click on the book and chapter and all the verses would be able to be viewed. This would be viewed in the same way.
nickm83
Junior

Bible

Postby ds-fifty » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:08 am

That is a great idea!

I would use that all the time. (Esp if it was NIV)

ds
ds-fifty
Junior

Bible

Postby TonyH » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:08 am

Just a thought - you can always use a web site like Bible Gateway http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible - query the passage you require in any one of 16 versions then cut and paste as a 'song' and view it the same way. Doesn't encourage people to bring their bibles to service though. Another thought is a link to a computer based Bible software program such as you can set up in powerpoint which would have a wider use. :idea:
TonyH <><
TonyH
Junior

Bible Section to ZW

Postby Malc » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:10 pm

Bible section would be a great idea. Would be ideal to allow 'free text' so users could choose to load in (say) The King James. There are plenty of faithful souls who have created plain text versions of the Word. It would be a great shame to be limited to just the NIV.
:wink:
Malc
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:16 am

Hi folks,

Just to say that there WILL be an integrated Bible feature in the next release of ZionWorx - I'm working on it at the moment...

Initially I'll provide 'copyright free' bibles such as the (brilliant) World English Bible, American King James Version etc., and hopefully later you'll be able to purchase copyrighted ones e.g. NIV, GNB from the publishers. I'm also aiming to provide full Unicode support for our valued Chinese/Japanese speaking friends :)

So hang in there!
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Malc » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:47 pm

Yay!
I'll stop my cut-and-paste of the entire KJV I think. (Well, I only got to about chapter 3 of Genesis any way...)

Yes please Christian. AV and NKJ would be ideal. :)
Malc
Junior

Bible Again

Postby BrianSc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:41 pm

:lol:I know this is an old issue (Aug already) but just to put my few cents worth in. we do currently run the complete NIV in a home developed system and as one user said we display verses as they are being read during readings as well as during our ministers sermon as references. we have been doing this for about 18 months already and although there were a few grumbles in the beginning (Stalwarts) the facility is well accepted and the congregation now grumble when it is not displayed. Our system however is not really user friendly and the flow from bible to songs to powerpoint does have its problems, to have such a feature built in to Zionworx as you have confirmed will be truly fantastic. People still bring there own Bibles to church, people still read there own Bibles at home (in there own prefered version) so this feature will be an amazing bonus.

rgds

BrianSc
BrianSc
Junior

Awesome Awesome

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:30 pm

:shock: awesome Addition to the program, right now i use PC StudyBible to copy and to past in my song i named sermon, and it works cool but the transfer from program to program becomes a but tiresome tha ability to access it from the same program would be great. ONLY REQUEST PLEASE REMEBER THE NIV USERS LIKE MEEEEEEEEEE! The other programs tend to leave that one out for some weird reason. :shock:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby mango » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:42 am

The other programs tend to leave that one out for some weird reason.

For copyright reasons, Zondervan owns NIV and it generally costs more than other translations, whereas JK and WEB are in public domain. I'm not sure on this, Christian might have to liase with Zondervan to strike a deal to distribute NIV for a fee (I doubt we can get it for free), and if I'm not wrong, Zondervan might only do a bulk distribution deal, i.e. Christian must pay for at least a few thousands of copies upfront. Anyway, don't quote me on this.
mango
Intermediate

Thanx

Postby zer0burn316 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:57 am

:shock: Hey thanx for the info, i did not know that they are more expensive like that maybe in the near future that will not be a problem, but thanx Blessings and Peace from the Lord
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Bible....

Postby Paul Childs » Mon May 24, 2004 12:45 pm

It's great that the next version will have this included.

Will it be possible, for people who already own digital bibles, to import from their existing software?

I use Navpress WordSearch and also the Libronix System.
Paul Childs
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:58 pm

Dear Christian,

You may like to try and get in touch with Rick Meyers who develops e-sword a free bible study tool and ask how he got persmission to use many translations in his tool like the ESV and etc. Currently he does not have permission to use the NIV, so you may encounter similar problems there...

http://www.e-sword.net

Peter

P.S. I find that getting people to read a passage from the bible actually helps people to get into the habit of bringing their bibles with them wherever they go, the Word is our "double edged sword", without it we're quite vulnerable... just a thought.

If you want the KJV in text you can download them here: http://www.aucp45.dsl.pipex.com/ from my website, password "christ" to extract.
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

How about a spanish bible?

Postby eumana » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:01 pm

We have a bilingual congregation - both english and spanish speaking members... might this be something that's in the works as well? THanks.
eumana
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:35 am

Have a look at this post:
http://zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272

This may help you generate a temporary solution.

Peter
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Postby spirelli » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:54 pm

So is there bible display possible with version 2? If so, how do I display the NIV Bible??

Thanks
spirelli
Junior

Next

Return to Zionworx Wish List