New Feature Poll - Version 3.0

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Which of the following features would you most like to see in the next version of ZionWorx?

Integrated Bible searching and display
25%
Ability to use (live) video backgrounds
25%
Support for OpenOffice 'Impress'
15%
More song formatting options e.g. italicised chorus etc.
22%
Predefined song navigation options e.g V1, V2, C, V3, C
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 103

New Feature Poll - Version 3.0

Postby Christian » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:06 am

Hello folks,

Now that we're trying to prioritise features for v3.0, I thought I'd set up a quick poll to get some feedback from you all.

Please choose what you consider to be the most useful/important feature from your perspective. If you choose 'Other' then please reply with a brief description of the feature you want to see most.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Pete » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:38 am

Considering this poll has been here for a week there has only been 17 which out of 455 forum members and i don't know how many user across 88 countries isn't many at all. Is there an easy way that doesn't take up much time to email everyone and let them know it is here encourage them to come and vote.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby paulstokes » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:15 am

Pete,
I suspect the Board Administrator has the facility to email all members from the administration panel, as I do on a board that I manage.
Happy Christmas.
Paul
Plymstock United Church
http://www.plymstock.org.uk
paulstokes
Senior

Postby webmaster » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:27 pm

I can do an email but we prefer not to as this can be classed as SPAM by some servers so we limit the amount of large emails we send out.

However in this case we will be doing a large set of emails in the new year so watch this space.

Happy Christmas all.

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby JakeSherlock » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 am

O man, video overlay would be amazing, I was just thinking how cool it would be when I found the forum. I also think though it would be amazing to have a bible available within ZionWorx.

Very Cool. Keep up the good work!
-Jake Sherlock
JakeSherlock
Junior

Postby York Pilson » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:18 pm

I was trying to figure out where to post a thanks to you all. I just heard from my friend Allen, who used Zionworx last week in his church. He told me that the service went well and there was a lot of positive comment from the congregation. I had posted on a V2.5 forum regarding the preview feature not working and not having the ability to use a second monitor. The way we resolved the issue was for Allen to use V. 2.0.

Allen is working in a converted dance studio in a poor section of town that is bounded by a highway and railroad tracks. Most of the people living there used to work in a textile mill which is now owned by an Indian company, which has closed the manufacturing facility. I know that there are countless cities in England and elsewhere who could put their names in this story and it would read the same. The need for God's consolation is immense, and I thank Him for people like Allen, who are willing servants.

I found Zionworx because there was a great deal of skepticism (some people even used the word heresy) about having a contemporary service with modern music and projection, and I was asked to find something for free what would allow us to project lyrics and liturgy. Over time, we have proven ourselves, and the contemporary service is now an integral part of our mission. While I am looking forward to having more bells and whistles and my congregation has the funds to buy the equipment needed, and now the willingness to spend on having a projection system, I hope the next version will be capable of running on minimal set-ups and slow systems.

Please remember Allen and all those working with him to bring the Word to others, and having little material to use.

Again, thanks to the whole development team and all the good you have done. You are a blessing on us all.
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Postby kck » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:44 pm

I'd like to second that call for the program to continue to work with minimal set-ups and slow systems and also for it to continue to work out of the box without needing a load of training on things that many of us won't use.

I don't want to start an argument but those who want to do complicated things with video overlays and the like are more likely to have the expertise and resources to consider buying one of the many commercial packages that are around.

If Zionworx goes down the path of needing the same level of resources as these systems the rest of us could be left out in the cold.

If it could be possible to run just the bits that each setup requires that might be the best of both worlds. But I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Thanks for all the work. We really do appreciate it!

Steve
kck
Senior

"Just" another Background

Postby AliBy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:02 pm

I expect video overlays will simply become another optional background.
So it will probably be a matter of matching the details of your backgrounds to the PC's capabilities:
    :arrow: if you have a fast PC, use video backgrounds;
    :arrow: if not so fast use photos;
    :arrow: slowwer, use gradients;
    :arrow: or if it's an XT :wink: use a single colour!
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby Jordan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Video backgrounds would be sweet in Zionworx. I went to the Eastbourne Worship Conference last year and they had video backgrounds on a software called 'MediaShout' - paid of course :(. Anyway I thought they were a great addition to the worship. I would love to see this feature implemented into Zionworx in the future.

Sometime I wonder why I choose to learn PHP and not a proper computer language :p
Jordan
Junior

Postby vetto » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:46 pm

The predifined song order is great...there are other open source projects that do this and let me tell you...it is great.

Now, what i didn't see and would put above all others is a hook to CCLI's Song Select Database. OpenSong, OpenLP and others do this...and they are open source if you are wondering how to code this :)

Cutting and pasting every field from Song Select to Zionworx for every song is a real bother.
vetto
Senior

Few toughts of my own...

Postby puudutus » Sat May 06, 2006 1:10 pm

MS Office is expensive, Integrated OO Impress support would be really nice. Live video backgrounds would be cool also.. I know we youth would find plenty of use for this option 8)

A posibility to get the songs from a www server.. that would improve this program so much. One church adds a song to the database... all can use it :)

Better keyboard shortcuts.. or eve better the option to define these your self.

Anyways, this prog has been a real blessing as it is! Thank you for all the effort you guys have putt into it.

Samuli - Finland
puudutus
Junior

Postby jnimmo » Sun May 28, 2006 9:02 am

I'm not too fussed about the live video backgrounds, but being able to add videos (avi... dvd?... mov... wmv) and images to the play list would be fantastic - just to be able to do a short slideshow of photos in the service (manual advancement)
Also a way of adding announcement slides would just make it perfect, rather than having to add a song to make an announcement or notice.

Zionworx is a fantastic piece of software, and better than many paid presentation software. Godbless and keep up the good work :D

Used Zionworx today for the first time ever, our church has been in the process of renovating an old warehouse into a worship space over the last few years, while we have been renting a hall.
As part of the new building we got a data projector, and got so many positive comments after the service about it!
jnimmo
Junior

Postby graeme » Tue May 30, 2006 7:52 am

just wanted to put my vote in for video backgrounds too. in response to any comments about anyone wanting to do that would normally have the $$ to buy software - not so - we have lots of young people with the expertise to do video, and "live feed", but we have no money to be able to afford software to display it during worship. to have it added to zionworx would be awesome!

G
graeme
Junior

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:44 pm

When will V3 be available?
Liz
Junior

More song formatting options

Postby Professor » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:53 pm

Hello!

I am from Austria and responsible for projecting lyrics for the worship.
At first i used Open Office, but later i looked for an easier way.
I found Open Song and Zionworx.
I didn't like Open Song because of the Interface and i wasn't able to project the Chorus in normal style only italic.
So i took Zionworx.
But I knew that i wouldn't be able to change the text format within the Song.

In our church some of the songs we sing are in English but there are people (maybe most of them old people) who can't understand English very well.
Because of this it would be great to but the german translation under each line in the Songtext in a different style.
But as Zionworx doesn't support text formatting within the text it isn't really possible.
Our church leaders want a solution for the translation.
Zionworx is great and easy to use for our needs except the issue of the differnt formatting of the translation.

At the moment if we really need it i use Open Office and Power Point but i don't like this solution, it is more difficult to use and then this songs are not in the zionworx database, i would like a singel program solution.
but i must say i have not really tried or used the integration of Powerpoint in Zionworx maybe this would be easier.

I don't want to change to another program so i beg for implementing a formatting solution within the Song Text into Zionworx.
Maybe like HTML Tags.
I need to format the text in size and thickness so people can easily tell the difference between the original text and the translation.

Implementation of support for Oppen Office, and dvd or avi, mpeg playback would also be nice.
But i think support for a database which most people use today for storing lyriks or a common easy to share standardised database maybe with an easy sharing solution would be greater.

One thing regarding video background ... don't you think it would distract people form worshiping.
I have seen it once and they were filming the crowds.

Please tell me as soon an possible if this feature will make it into the next version and when this version will be available so i can tell the others when it will be possible to sing english songs again.
At the moment if we want to sing english songs we sing them in german and in english or i have to use Open Office and Power Point.

Thanks for developing Zionworx and offering it for free!!!

Christian Freude
Professor
Junior

Next

Return to Zionworx Wish List