Switching between dual screen and single screen.

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Switching between dual screen and single screen.

Postby Ian Greig » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:09 pm

If during a sermon we want to show a DVD clip, I nhave to open it up in power dvd and switch dual screen off and onto clone mode. When the DVD's finished, I often return back to zionworx. I have discovered, that when I quit power dvd and switch back to dual screen mode, I need to restart zionworx, otherwise it doesn't work with dual screen. I was wondering if this was a bug, and whether i could be fixed?
Ian Greig
Junior

Single/dual screen switching; Power DVD

Postby kck » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:44 pm

Why not drag the Power DVD window across to the second screen (the projector)?

Steve
kck
Senior

Postby paulstokes » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Steve,
Thanks for the observation. I just tried it at home and it works. A couple of oddities I noticed on my machine:-

(1) If the video window is bridged across both screens, then the video only shows up on one of them ... it seems to be the one that has the majority of the window on it (ie: past the 50% point). Not an issue, just an observation. But you do need to make sure the movie is showing on the correct screen before you maximise the window.

(2) Power DVD's control panel works on the same monitor as Zionworx panel, but the cursor becomes invisible... you have to guess where it is! So learn the keyboard shortcuts (or better still make a note of them and keep them handy). This does not seem to be a Zionworx issue, and may be due to my own graphics card (ATI Radeon 9250).

As ever... be sure to familiaries yourself with the workings of your setup in advance.
paulstokes
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:08 am

Yeah, I think problem 2 is to do with your graphics card because on our church setup, the cursor remains visible, although sometimes the control panel disappears and you have to click on the Power DVD screen on the 2nd monitor in order to get the control panel back!

So, as Paul said, it is possible to run Power DVD on the 2nd monitor as well, you just need to get used to any quirks you may find on your setup!

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

PowerDVD Settings

Postby AliBy » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:01 am

Under the PowerDVD options you can set it up to always use the secondary display (i.e. not in cloned mode) to play the DVD and you can set to use full screen as well.
The only question is whether ZionWorx will override access to the second screen?
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby Christian » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:12 pm

Interesting discussion folks...

Just wondered whether you any of you are using the Ctrl+F9 option (from 2.5.05) which toggles hiding/showing the presentation screen? You might find this useful when working alongside other programs such as PowerDVD etc...

In fact, I just checked the Help File and it looks like it's missing in the documentation - DOH!! - sorry!!

This 'advanced user' feature was requested by William Ting - maybe he will join in the discussion and explain why he wanted it in the first place!

Hope that helps,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Williamting » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi Christian,
Sorry for being quiet for quite sometime as I have been very busy for the last three months - project to complete, KPI to meet, etc. Thanks God that they are now behind me.

Actually my request for Ctrl-F9 was to allow Zionworx to "free" up the secondary screen (could be primary screen if you are working on a single screen system) so that other application can take over without Zionworx being minimised. This is especially useful when I am working on the single screen system at home.

I believe this may also address the "invisible mouse pointer" problem if the display of DVD is active while Zionworx is also in control of the projection screen. Perhaps try to CTRL-F9 or minimise Zionworx before DVD is being displayed.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Ian Greig » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:27 pm

Ok. thanks for the suggestions.
Ian Greig
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List