Additional Keystrokes Wish

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Additional Keystrokes Wish

Postby brainier » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:12 pm

Following on from the previous topic, when trying to run the software on a single laptop placed in the corner of a room for my youth group I found that my remote mouse would not control the software.

I have one of those presentation controling pointers, with a laser pointer and two buttons (used for next and previous slide).

But these emulate the "Pg Up" and "Pg Dn" buttons - and these do nothing in ZionWorx.

So can these be used for next/previous verse please in addition to Space/Enter for next verse. Then a remote pointer can be used to control a single screen impementation of Zionworx (as suggested in the previous post)

Thanks for great software so far though.

Brian
brainier
Expert User

Keystroke emulation

Postby kck » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:54 pm

You might find that you can set up the remote pointer to send other keystrokes instead of PgUp/PgDn.

Worth a look, at least.

Steve
kck
Senior

Postby jamesp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:44 pm

I agree with this one. My remote also can only do 'page up' and 'page down.'

Having said that, Zionworx and my remote work great together when you are showing a PowerPoint. 'Presenter mode' PowerPoint isn't compatible with my remote, but PowerPoint run through Zionworx is!
jamesp
Intermediate

Postby brainier » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:16 pm

The pointer does not come with any software/drivers, so this cannot be changed.
brainier
Expert User

Alternatively ...

Postby graeme.nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 pm

Alternatively (and perhaps a better option), how about user configurable keys for the various functions. (Sometimes the best key choices vary with the keboard layout.)

My 2c / 2p worth.
graeme.nelson
Junior

Postby paulstokes » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:30 pm

Must admit I, too, like the idea of user-assignable keys, and my remote thingummy is also one that uses different buttons (I think it does UP, DOWN, B & F5). Even if it was as simple as a .inf file, where we could remap keys to our hearts' content, the ability to make those changes to suit local conditions would prove helpful for some of us.
paulstokes
Senior

Keys to switch tabs?

Postby stevefaber » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:55 am

Of particular use to me would be a hot key (customisable is always good, but perhaps not essential) to swap the tabs between PowerPoint and Songs, as the PPT tab needs to be selected to control the slide show, doesn't it? (Or have I missed something?)

Steve
stevefaber
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Although this is true, the PowerPoint Tab is automatically selected when a PowerPoint show is started from either the Play List or the PowerPoint Tab itself. The feature you suggest would be useful if you need to access the songs while a PP show is running and then go back to the PP tab. Apart from this, ZW already does this sutomatically.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List