Single Screen Wish List

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Single Screen Wish List

Postby brainier » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:09 pm

We wanted to try using ZionWorx at our youth group the other day, which meets in the conservatory of our house. Here we have no projector or television, so the only thing we could use for display is the laptop that Zionworx is on - and it only has one screen.

But this has a few issues:
1) You can only control Zionworx from the management software window and not the display screen (i.e. place your cursor on the song display and click and nothing happens)
2) Minimize the management software window and the display window disappears also.

So I would like you to consider a single screen option in the software so that the display screen if in the foreground can accepts the regular keystrokes (see next wish for more on that) and if I minimize the management software that the display does not disappear (this I think would need to be an option in the software preferences as this feature is useful on a multi-monitor PC).

Brian
brainier
Expert User

Postby chris_h62 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:24 pm

Hi Brian,

This issue seems to have come about in the new version of ZW, as on the previous version (v2.0) it was certainly possible to run ZW on a single screen output using the normal keystrokes available in ZW.

For a temporary solution, you could download v2.0 to use on your 1 screen setup and v2.5 to run multiple monitor. To just show the display screen in v2.0, just hit the F2 key and then enter.

However, the development team may have a better solution and may be able to fix this for the next release of v2.5! :roll:

Hope this helps for the mo,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:55 pm

Hi there,

Yes I've just tried this and it appears you're right...mmm....

It's worth pointing out again that ZionWorx isn't designed at all to be used on a single monitor system, although I appreciate that it was possible with v2.0 if you had the patience and planned it carefully.

It does seem though that we've inadvertantly broken this feature with v2.5 - we'll have to have a think about how to fix it at least to return the feature to how it was in 2.0.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx Wish List