PowerPoint behaviour when adding to Play List

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PowerPoint behaviour when adding to Play List

Postby paulstokes » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:53 pm

If you open a PPT show using the left hand menu, and then click on (say) the third slide of the show. THEN click the "Add Presentation to Play List" button, you get the situation where the PPT will START from slide 3 when you go live with it. This shows up in the properties if you expand the [+] sign alongside the PPT item in the Play List.

To correct this, you have to click on the first slide and then add the PPT to the Play List. You cannot simply edit the 'start slide' setting. It's easy enough to make the mistake, and easy enough to correct it. The default is to start on slide 1. But it's certainly worth checking if you've been looking through the PPT before adding it to the list.
paulstokes
Senior

Postby Pete » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:51 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or design but gives me an idea.

Our Minister always gives me the notices and his sermon note in one power point presentation. Up until now i have either had to split it manually when i get it 40 min before the service. But just tried what you said in the post and find that if i insert with slide one selected which is where the notices start and then insert with slide 3 selected sermon notes start then the power point starts from where i need it to on each ocasion, Fantastic.
Pete
Intermediate

Postby paulstokes » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Well, that's cool. Glad there's a practical use for something I discovered by accident and thought ws a quirk!

I guess you don't have the slides cycling for the notices, then? (else everyone would get the sermon notes as well !) :lol:
paulstokes
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:27 pm

This feature was added by design for exactly the reason that Pete describes - to enable the user to add powerpoint to the play list starting from the slide they specify. However, I do agree that it would be useful to be able to edit this without having to remove the PP show from the song list and then reinsert with the right start slide.

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby paulstokes » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:05 pm

Hi Chris,
...is it worth adding a note along those lines to the FAQ that you prepared (or did I miss it when skim-reading)?
paulstokes
Senior

Postby chris_h62 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:12 pm

Hi Paul,

I think it is included in the FAQ

Selecting a particular slide thumbnail before adding the presentation to the play list will start from that slide when the presentation is run.

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List