Persistent properties for chorus eg: <i> or <b>

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Persistent properties for chorus eg: <i> or <b>

Postby paulstokes » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:08 pm

There are several topics on the board relating to formatting text, and I think I've understood the general reasons why such things as font size are not specified within a song database. But...

I'd very much like to be able to specify that the chorus for a song is displayed using italics, whilst the verses are in normal font. Maybe it's just age-old convention from songbooks?

I'm not looking for anything more than a few simple tags, say <i> and <b> which apply to the whole of the line (no need to close it, as in HTML). This is the kind of approach used by Worship Assistant, and enables a small amount of emphasis to be added. As far as I have been able to understand, these two tags need not have any impact on all the other flexibility and control that is desired. If the general display settings specified italics, then the <i> would simply need to become redundant (likewise for <b> ).

Questions:-
(1) Would anyone else appreciate this option?
(2) Am I right in thinking it wouldn't impede the general performance?
paulstokes
Senior

Persistent properties for chorus...

Postby danparkes » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:08 am

Italics would be a very useful feature though on our screen I do not know how clear it would be (we degrade the VGA output from the computer to that of TV quality as we also play DVDs and Videos through the system using only a composite video cable up to the projector (about 30 feet above the ground and a long way from the actual AV desk)).

As a further suggestion, rather than have the sections of the song numbered 1 to n, how about having a "c" for the chorus to better distinguish it from the rest of the song sections on the right hand side of ZW. Other shortcuts could include "b" for the bridge.
danparkes
Junior

Postby Russell! » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:06 am

I aggree that the ability to add italics for the chorus would be a terrific feature. I also like the idea of using "C" for chorus or "B" for Bridge
Russell!
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi there

With regard to your request about Chorus and Bridge being labelled "C" & "B", this feature is already available from within the current release of ZionWorx.

Please take a look at the FAQ I qorte on "How do I use the new Song Control Interface?"
which you can find here: http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=411

Please pay particular attention to the section entitled "Using User defined verse numbers to navigate through the song" as this should hold the info on how to use this feature. But if not, please post back and I'll try to explain it better!

Cheers,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Jordan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:53 pm

The 1) 2) 3) C) etc options are great, but would it be possible to hide these from the main display? Really they are just for the operator and I am sure the congregation isn't too bothered in which order the verses go. Can you do this in 2.5? I find it clutters up the verses.
Jordan
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List