Keyword Search

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Keyword Search

Postby jengle_02 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:42 am

Hi Christian. Would it be possible to add a keyword search that would allow you to search the database of songs and find a phrase or word in a song(s). I have found that not all the titles, especially the ones in the new awesomely huge database of songs, do not go by the same titles as I know them. In addition, many times people have come to me asking, "What was that song... It goes like this... but I don't know the name of it". Otherwise, I think the program is awesome, especially after reading the new threads about the addition of the bible etc...

--
James P. Engle
Battle Creek Tabernacle Webmaster
BattleCreekTabernacle.com
jengle_02
Junior

Postby CardassianScot » Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:05 pm

Not to say, that isn't a good feature suggestion it is and I also would welcome it. But until it comes, it you use Songs of Fellowship music books, they come with a disk of words in MS Word format which you can load in MS Word or OpenOffice.org and then do a search in there.
CardassianScot
Junior

Re: Keyword Search

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:28 pm

jengle_02 wrote:Would it be possible to add a keyword search that would allow you to search the database of songs and find a phrase or word in a song(s)?

Yes, this is a much requested feature and it's quite possible. I'll try to get it into the next version... good suggestion about the SOF files too :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

awesome

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:37 pm

:shock: this feature would be great, see someone like me who doesnot lead worship or sing, or play an insterment mostly does not remeber songs at first it takes a while, and the ability to type a phrase or keyword to locate the song verses title is great. :shock:

P.S. from experience i have found a few worship leaders to use and abuse their media tech. getting songs 5 minutes before service and so forth, giving the wrong order etc etc. this makes it hard on the one delivering a media service to the team and the congregation. and everyone knows when they see a mistake on the screen, it is not the worship leader they blame and chew out, it is the one behind that keyboard and mouse. if anyone else had that exerience you can email me and i will tell you what i told my yoth ministry worship team leader and it has drawn me and him togather closer togather as partners and ministry companions :wink:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Word / Phrase Search

Postby AliBy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:21 pm

This is certainly a must! If it is also possible to preview the words without displaying themon the projector it would ensure that the correct of similar songs can be found and displayed soas not to confuse the church
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Word/Phrase search and song preview.

Postby kck » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:07 pm

I would like to be able to search the whole song text too but you're ahead of me on that one.

An easy way to provide a preview facility might be to enable the F6 (edit) key even if the database was locked but just not allow any changes. Hitting F6 would then give a preview of the song and also show the author(s) which I often find is a useful way of identifying the correct song; especially with the recent increase in the number of old hyms that are being revamped.

You may, of course, tell me that that isn't as easy as it sounds. In which case I bow you your superior knowledge.

Cheers,
Steve P.
kck
Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List