Better PowerPoint Control

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Do You like this Idea?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 6

Better PowerPoint Control

Postby geek_181 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:38 am

Thier Should be an more internal pp control where you add it to the service and can control it from the current song box and us a pp viewer or emulator so poeple with out pp can still use it. and the output show same as ZionWorx not using PP

hope the Bible idea works i was hoping for one too! :)
geek_181
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:24 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your suggestions, however I know that powerpoint control will certainly be greatly improved in the v2.5. In the next version PP shows can be added to the service list and full keyboard shortcuts available in powerpoint will be available from within zionworx. Also, the powerpoint show will be displayed in the presentation window (that normally shows song previews). However, I do like the idea of using a PP viewer instead of the full version of PP for those whodon't have it! - perhaps this would now be more possible seeing as the PP show is bound to the presenter form and does not require the "2nd Monitor" to be set by the user from within PP (as I recall the issue before was that PP viewer's don't support dual monitor display)!?!
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:30 am

Hi Chris!

Actually the problem with PPT Viewer 97 (the older one) is that you can't do very much with it when you 'remote control' it from another application (ZionWorx) which is why it's only worthwhile working with the full version of PPT which can do much more.

The bigger problem with PPT Viewer 2003 though is that Micro$oft have disabled 'remote controlling' altogether! Which means it's even a step backwards from the 97 version. We're planning on supporting OpenOffice Impress though eventually (as well as PPT) and that's free :wink:

Cheers,
Christian.

P.S. Sounds like you've been doing some thorough testing - thanks!
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx Wish List