"Last Verse" indicator

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

"Last Verse" indicator

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:55 pm

Hi guys,

Something that I think would be a really useful feature is some kind of indicator to mark the Last Verse/Chorus of the song. This would come in very handy for people who have to do things is the service straight after the song because they would know when the song was coming to an end.

The kind of thing I'm invisaging is a simple box in the bottom right hand corner of the screen that says "Last Verse".

Would anyone else find this useful? What are your thoughts on how easy this would be to implement?

Please Post!!!

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:28 am

That is a good idea - there has also been a suggestion previously to display the next song on the last slide to give people people time to find it in hymn books or similar.

This feature would require some other features to ZionWorx first - in particular the ability to define a default verse/chorus sequence to a song. Without this ability it is impossible to say what the last verse will be in a song (usually we only list a chorus once for example) since the ordering in the 'Current Song' doesn't reflect the order that the actual song is necessarily sung in.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Williamting » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:05 am

Perhaps an easy way is to assign one of the Function keys to "signal" to Zionworx to display the "Last Verse" message. In this way, it is under the full control of the operator and he can hit the key anytime! Even better, if the words "Last Verse" can be customised and display position defined, it can be used for other purposes, eg, "Please remove car: xxxxx", etc. This could be a useful feature.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:35 am

That's a good suggestion William - even if just as a temporary solution. The separate Nursery Alert program that is available on the Downloads page achieves what you describe very well. I have tried it and it is an excellent little app. It can have a few preset messages that the operator can display as they wish.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Temporarily I have been using the Nursery Alert program to display the "Last Verse" indicator. That's what gave me the idea. Anyhting along these kinda lines would be great! :D
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:41 am

Looks like I better start using that "Nursery Alert" program! It is definitely useful to us.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List